RE: [patriotzip] McGinest, Johnson and Pleasant restructures

  • George R
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 4:03 PM
      ***** First time that we've been at completely opposite
      ends of an issue, Rob. It's OK. You have the right to be
      wrong now and then. ;-) I wouldn't buy a real F-tag on
      Tebucky, but I'm convinced that it's just a negotiating
      tool. We'll see.

      --- Rob Bosch <rob.bosch@...> wrote:
      > Absolutely 100% agree with you on this one John. I just
      > don't understand it.
      > Add to that the franchising of Tebucky Jones and I think
      > the Pats have made
      > a lot of mistakes so far this off-season.
      >
      > -Pats Freak

      =====
      George
      ** N E Patriots ....
      Last AFC World Champions! **
    • George R
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1 4:07 PM
        --- "PatriotZip <patriotzip@...>"
        <patriotzip@...> wrote:
        > Unless I'm grossly mistaken, Simply cutting all three of
        > these guys would have cost us MORE against the cap and
        > we'd be down three players. I can see no sense in that.
        >
        > Now Johnson could have been released for the least cap as
        > I understand it but it still would have been impressive.
        > Am I missing something here?

        ***** Not as far as I'm concerned, Zip. We keep 3
        experienced, solid "locker room" players, who still have a
        good year or two left in the tank on part-time duty. If we
        go forward and replace them as starters with younger,
        faster, more physically talented players; and move Willie,
        TJ, and Anthony to situational/backup status, I see that as
        a big upgrade over them as starters, and our current
        backups behind them. And that *is* what I expect to happen.

        =====
        George
        ** N E Patriots ....
        Last AFC World Champions! **