Re: GLENN BACK WITH TUNA

  • Dave <dave@patriotsweekly.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
      Man, did I call it or what? It was a foregone conclusion as soon as
      the CB released the Rocket. Coach P. had said that if he ever
      returned to coaching, he would trade for Glenn.

      So terry started as the 7th overall pick, then was traded for a 4th
      rounder, and then traded again for a 6th rounder... not good for the
      ego :)

      dave
      www.PatriotsWeekly.com

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Bob George" <bobgeorge@b...>

    • philw1776@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
        In a message dated 3/1/2003 9:03:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, dave@... writes:

        Man, did I call it or what? It was a foregone conclusion as soon as
        the CB released the Rocket. Coach P. had said that if he ever
        returned to coaching, he would trade for Glenn.

        So terry started as the 7th overall pick, then was traded for a 4th
        rounder, and then traded again for a 6th rounder... not good for the
        ego :)

        dave
        www.PatriotsWeekly.com

        Two (2) 4th rounders.
        Gotta know your Pats facts if you post here.
        This isn't Patriots Weekly.

        -philw
      • PatriotZip <patriotzip@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
          You called it well - and I'm a bit surprised.

          Not a surprise that his grocery complaints are vastly smoke and
          mirrors. Just more good reason why we'll be inspired to beat the
          Boys.

          He'll be their third wide receiver - if only they had a first QB...

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Dave <dave@p...>" <dave@p...>

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
            Ouch! Phil - when you aren't pickin' on Ostend you move on to
            challenge the top new posters on the list eh?

            Dave ignore fill - he prefers ignore-ance!

            :)

            He's a comedian of legendary stature - in his own mind. jPlus his
            lovely wife rules the roost and her affectation with Tom Brady has
            made Phil a bitter man.

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, philw1776@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 3/1/2003 9:03:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            > dave@p... writes:
            >
            > > Man, did I call it or what? It was a foregone conclusion as soon
            as
            > > the CB released the Rocket. Coach P. had said that if he ever
            > > returned to coaching, he would trade for Glenn.
            > >
            > > So terry started as the 7th overall pick, then was traded for a
            4th
            > > rounder, and then traded again for a 6th rounder... not good for
            the
            > > ego :)
            > >
            > > dave
            > > www.PatriotsWeekly.com
            >
            > Two (2) 4th rounders.
            > Gotta know your Pats facts if you post here.
            > This isn't Patriots Weekly.
            >
            > -philw
          • George R
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
              ***** Slight correction, Dave. He was traded to us for 2
              4th R picks- one last year, and one this year.

              --- "Dave <dave@...>"
              <dave@...> wrote:
              > Man, did I call it or what? It was a foregone conclusion
              > as soon as
              > the CB released the Rocket. Coach P. had said that if he
              > ever
              > returned to coaching, he would trade for Glenn.
              >
              > So terry started as the 7th overall pick, then was traded
              > for a 4th
              > rounder, and then traded again for a 6th rounder... not
              > good for the
              > ego :)
              >
              > dave
              > www.PatriotsWeekly.com
              >
              > --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Bob George"
              > <bobgeorge@b...>
              > wrote:
              > > http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6218690
              > >
              > > Holy shit...we're taking bets on the first time he gets
              > called by a
              > feminine article...
              > >
              > > Bob George
              > > http://www.bossports.net

              =====
              George
              ** N E Patriots ....
              Last AFC World Champions! **
            • philw1776@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
                In a message dated 3/1/2003 10:34:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, patriotzip@... writes:

                Dave ignore fill - he prefers ignore-ance!

                Oh, so I was wrong about the 2 #4s?

                -philw (don't think so)
              • PatriotZip <patriotzip@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
                  There you go leaping to the wrong conclusions! You were correct
                  about the draft selections and incorrect in the dig at
                  PatriotsWeekly - though this is NOT in fact PatriotsWeekly (before
                  you go to that comment), he may not yet understand your twisted
                  personage enough to see your humor. I should have let Ostend attack
                  when he first told me he thought in necessary to curb ya. Instead he
                  just stole your wife's muffins - Brady-esque some might say!

                  --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, philw1776@a... wrote:
                  > In a message dated 3/1/2003 10:34:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                  > patriotzip@y... writes:
                  >
                  > > Dave ignore fill - he prefers ignore-ance!
                  >
                  > Oh, so I was wrong about the 2 #4s?
                  >
                  > -philw (don't think so)
                • George R
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
                    --- "PatriotZip <patriotzip@...>"
                    <patriotzip@...> wrote:

                    > Ouch! Phil - when you aren't pickin' on Ostend you move
                    > on to
                    > challenge the top new posters on the list eh?
                    >
                    > Dave ignore fill - he prefers ignore-ance!
                    >
                    > :)
                    >
                    > He's a comedian of legendary stature - in his own mind.
                    > Plus his lovely wife rules the roost and her affectation
                    > with Tom Brady has made Phil a bitter man.

                    ***** In addition, Dave, if you had ever seen Phil, you'd
                    understand the reasons for the low self esteem that drives
                    him to attack any perceived fault in others. ;-)

                    =====
                    George
                    ** N E Patriots ....
                    Last AFC World Champions! **
                  • Christopher Robert Woods
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 5, 2003
                      > Two (2) 4th rounders.
                      > Gotta know your Pats facts if you post here.
                      > This isn't Patriots Weekly.

                      You are my new hero, Phil.

                      =====
                      Christopher Robert Woods - tradebledsoe@...
                      "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." - HL Mencken

                      http://taxes.yahoo.com/