RE: [patriotzip] Seymour's Role

  • George R
    Message 1 of 269 , Feb 17, 2003
      ***** I tend to agree with Zip's thought. The 3-4 is
      essentially a run defense. Playing Seymour at DE in that
      formation would be fine with me. But I agree completely
      with you, Rob, that he doesn't have the speed to be a
      consistent pass rushing threat from DE in a 4-3.

      ***** However, the fact is that our 4-3 over the past
      couple of years hasn't provided a rush threat from DE, with
      Pleasant and Hamilton manning those spots. I'm not sure if
      BB prefers that approach, or if he simply couldn't afford
      to add a rushing DE from either FA or the draft due to
      "higher priorities."

      ***** If he prefers that approach, then we may well see
      Seymour move to DE full time. If it's been a problem of
      access to a better rushing DE, then BB will be adding such
      a player from FA or the draft this off-season. I'm hoping
      it's the latter.

      http://www.bossports.net/patriots/story.php?filename=030215

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====