Seymour's Role

  • PatriotZip <patriotzip@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 269 , Feb 15, 2003
      I've heard and read a few of the reports about our new defensive end:
      Richard Seymour. It is my belief we won't see quite so drastic a
      change to Seymour's role. I think the Patriots will find a monster
      Defensive Tackle in either draft or free agency. I think in standard
      formations we will see Seymour and this new player at Defensive
      Tackle. When we DO switch to the 3-4 look, Seymour will frequently
      shift to end for that situation. In obvious passing situations this
      may even occur with a 4-3 front in which Seymour gets to apply
      pressure from the end but that will be the rarityt more than the norm.

      Just my perspective but it's how I see it - UNLESS we get a surprise
      DE pick-up who makes that even less likely.

      http://www.bossports.net/patriots/story.php?filename=030215

    • bobg@bossports.net
      Message 269 of 269 , Oct 17, 2004
        "Champions Doing What Champions Do" at http://www.bossports.net/patriots/story.php?filename=041018