Jets after TBKY

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 6:10 AM
      from CBSportsline:

      JETS

      Player they'd love to have: Pats safety Tebucky Jones. They want more speed in
      their back two, and Jones would provide that.

      Chance they will get him: Decent. They have the money to pay him if that's what
      they want to do.

      Cheaper alternative: There's not much on the free-safety market other than
      Jones -- at least in terms of guys who can run.
      ************************************

      You folks do realize that with TBKY and Green as FAs not signed as Patriots, we have no starting FS at this time.  In addition, who's gonna play CB?  If we somehow (dunno how except by using a #1 pick) solved the CB and nickel back spots w/o Otis, I agree that OTIS should be our starting FS.

      -philw
    • rob.bosch@rcn.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6 11:10 AM
        Tebucky is really low on my wish list. I just don't think
        he's an instinctive player, and I won't mind at all if he's
        gone. Paying him an exorbitant amount of money would be a
        big mistake. I'll miss him more on special teams than
        anything else. His penchant for hitting his own players
        rather than opposing ones drives me crazy!

        I, for one, would like to see Antwain Harris get a shot at
        FS. He's not a hitter, but he's got good speed. Seems like a
        nice complement to Milloy in my opinion. As for Otis, that
        might work too. I still think he is going to open up the
        season as a starting CB though, unless Myers gets it
        together this off-season.

        -Pats Freak