Rose Colored Glasses?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2014
      I am more optimistic about the Patriots prospects for success this season than I have been for a few years.

      Yeah, I know. They'll be hitting opposing teams for the first time this week when they travel to Washington for joint practices and the first pre-season game of the year. Every fan is at least somewhat optimistic at this point.

      But I'm following the daily reports, video, audio, and written, on Patriots.com; and I'm getting the impression that the team, and especially the defense, is full of more swagger and enthusiasm than has been the case in the recent past. The additions of Revis and Browner to the secondary; plus the return of Wilfork, Kelly, and Mayo to the front 7; seem to have injected the defense with a confidence that's reflected by the new chant they've come up with after big plays - "Hell no, we won't go!" It reminds me of Tedi Bruschi's "OHHH YEAH!" group shouts in the locker room back in the Super Bowl days. ... You remember Super Bowls, don't you?

      Bottom line, I really believe that this year we may see a return to the days of "shutdown defense", instead of the "bend, don't break" version that has left us disappointed in the playoffs for the last 9 seasons. Defense wins championships. And the Patriots just may have it back this season!

      --- George

    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 3:54 AM
        I think we have reason to be optimistic, George. All depends upon health. Think of what might have been last year if Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Gronk, and Talib were healthy all year; considering we were 12-4 without their services. This could be a big year!

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 6:17 AM

          I think that you are absolutely right, George!

          I’ve been reading articles and comments that say all teams should be scared of the Pats defense this year.

          IF that’s true, we should start singing the Hallelujah chorus. Wouldn’t that be awesome if we return to those days?

          I sure hope they “got some swagger” back this year….GO PATS!!!!

          4th ring for Brady…