Recount?

  • Levine, David
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2014

      I had sent an email to Cecil last night saying that his entry is valid even though it was past the deadline.  Defending champs get some sort of leeway.  I totally forgot about that when I tallied everything up this morning.  Now, normally, it doesn’t make a damn bit of difference but this time…it did.

      Cecil correctly got 8 selections correct for a total of 13 points (including  3 correct 2 pointers and another 3 pointer).  This puts him 3 points ahead of Ed and tied with Mike for the most correct selections.

      There are 3 ways we can handle this.

      1 – declare Cecil the winner in a recount as I said his entry was ok.

      2 – confirm Ed as the winner since Cecil’s entry was, technically, late.

      3 – select me as the winner cause I just changed the rules and, as you know, cheating is legal and preferred.

      Input is appreciated and will be taken into account as I think about this conundrum.

      Dave

    • Mark Morse
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2014
        How late was Cecil's entry?  He was the defending Champ!  I am willing to give him some leeway!

        Mark Morse
        Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
        On Friday, May 9, 2014 3:44 PM, "'Levine, David' david-levine@... [patriotzip]" <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

      • David Brunat

          Message 4 of 5 , May 12, 2014
            As long as it was in before the draft began, which it was, I say it's a "Commissioner's Decision". I go with Dave on it, and would have done the same thing had I been running it.

            CONGRATULATIONS, Cecil! ... NO! WAIT! He's a Canadian! Ineligible! ;-)

            --- George
            All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 13, 2014
              Only from someone in Florida!!!