Outstanding Move By Our Patriots

    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2014
      http://sports.yahoo.com/news/patriots-sign-former-saints-smith-001156335--nfl.html

      Smith doesn't have many more years left in the tank; but, IMO, he has at least a couple of very good ones. Perhaps they'll be great ones if he's used, as we suspect he will be, in spot situations, as a pass rusher.

      I think makes the R1 draft a bit easier to predict. I doubt that they'll go for a DE with that pick.

      --- George
      All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.
    • Ed Bryant

          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2014
            Thanks, George.

            Best of luck to everyone.

            Some of my picks require unknown teams to trade up for the pick, or trade back.  Some require teams to do stuff I wouldn't do.  Two picks involved someone taking Clowney and Manziel, two players I would want someone else to take if I were a GM.  The Pats pick, though, is based on the Patriots drafting the 2014 analog of that Mankins guy back in 2005!!!

            Message 5 of 7 , May 6, 2014

              LOL!! Good luck to all of you guys!!!

              Let’s hope you’re holding up your winning papers next to our SB trophy!

              GO PATS!!!!!

              (and Bruins…)

                Message 7 of 7 , May 7, 2014
                  I may as well climb out on that limb with you guys. I think bringing in Will Smith, and having Jones, Ninko, and Buchannan on the roster, means they probably won't grab a pass rusher in R1. An interior D-lineman, to groom as Wilfork's replacement, would be more likely. Unless their favorite TE prospect is available (whoever that may be), I think TE is out in R1 as well; especially with all this talk of converting Mark Harrison to a receiving TE. They could go safety, but he would have to be exceptional to be picked in R1.

                  So, I think they most likely remain boring, and go O-line, or trade out. Again, it really all depends upon who goes before them, and what their value assessment is of the available players. Mock drafts are worse than NCAA basketball brackets. No one really has a clue what teams are thinking, but a lot of people have fun with it...  :o)