Spring camp??

    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2014

      Are the Pats in spring camp now?

      That’s about what it said in Mark’s agenda that he printed on here.

      What has anyone hear about that, how’s it going?

      Also…New England area OT:

      Is anyone on here from Maine? I can’t remember.

      I’ve watched that latest show on History and Downeast Dickering is just awesome.

      The accents just blow me away…little bit different from the Boston area.

      Maybe an off-list reply?

      GO PATS…and also Bruins and Red Sox

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2014
        Not much really comes out of these early workouts, Susan. We learned, to no one's surprise, that Gronk is not yet ready to step onto the field for full workouts. But no one is overly concerned at this point, as it seems to be going as planned. Most of the "news" is still related to bringing players for a look, the most recent being former Jets' TE, Dustin Keller.

        Let me ask, do you regularly check into the Patriots website? You really can get just about all the news there is right there at this time of the year. Check things like their weekly "Roster Report" audio feature, where Patriots media guys discuss recent actions. And just scan that home page to see what's of interest to you.

        After all, none of us work in the front office; so nobody here is really a better source than what you can find yourself. Discussion of opinions is a whole different thing. But plain facts are no secret.

        --- George
        All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2014

          I know, George…I should check out that website…lol!

          I would rather ask you guys because I like that!!

          I know no one works at the front office (would that we could, huh), but I like hearing what you all have to say.

          I’m sort of worried about Gronk but I’ll have to hold out on hearing what he’s doing later on in the summer.

          Is that the kind of think that maybe he’ll never recover from?

          I know TB had that knee thing and Peyton had his neck thing and they both seem okay, but Gronk? I don’t know and am crossing my fingers.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2014
            Recently, the record on recoveries from Achilles injuries has been pretty good; although the rehab takes a long time (which Gronk has had). Football players have a lot better luck with it than did the guy for whom it was named! ;-) (But I'm not a doctor, and I don't even play one on TV!)

            I always enjoy the exchange of opinions (of which I have no shortage!) among those in the group who choose to speak up. Your prompting to elicit some is one of the things that keep the group alive; so keep it up! There are a few of us here who will always offer an opinion on anything from milk or lemon in tea (lemon, always!), to the affect of sun spots on the melting of the ice cap! (But don't ask, as we must keep our discussions here focused upon Patriots' related subjects.) :-)

            Have a great day, Susan. And root for me in the Draft Contest! :-)