Clues?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014
      We all know that there are never any certainties when considering what BB will do. However, I have to believe that the cost of bringing players in for evaluation visits is not something that even he does without purpose. So I took a look at the NFL.com listing of player visits, and here's a summary of what they show for the Patriots:

      QB - 8 - My guess is that they won't take a QB earlier than R3. So it all depends upon who falls that low.
      RB - 2
      WR - 8
      TE - 3 No visit with Jace Amaro, a popular name as their #1 pick with "experts". I say they wait, and get Troy Niklas in R2.
      C - 1
      DT - 2
      DE - 3 Strange that they didn't bring in Ra'Shed Hageman, who is named by many "experts" as their R1 pick. Smoke screen?
      LB - 3
      SS - 1 Eyes on Bucannon, me thinks.
      FS - 2

      That's 35 players for their 8 picks. The only thing that SEEMS certain from that is that they will draft at least 1 QB and 1 WR this year. Since they only looked at 1 C (Weston Richburg, Colo St) and 1 SS (Deone Bucannon, Wash St), I suspect that BB, sneaky devil that he is, has a strong interest in those 2 players. Both are highly rated at their respective positions. Bucannon likely a R2 pick. Richburg likely R3 or 4. Let's see if the Pats get one or both of them.

      By the way, they also have looked at FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, easily the best name in the draft. Rated as a R1 pick, before the Patriots at #29. But I'd bet they'd grab him, if he fell, and use him in more of a SS role. He has the size for it, at 6'1"/208.

      Interesting note: VA Tech QB, Logan Thomas, is, at 6'6"/248, projected by many as a TE in the NFL. He's not considered a prospect at QB, and is expected to go very late, if at all, in the draft. A good bet for the Patriots R7 pick, or very early UDFA signing, I'd say.

      So, after all this, who will they pick at #29, IF they don't trade down? I say it will be one of these 5 players, in order of their preference, if available:

      1. DE Demarcus Lawrence
      2. DE Ra'Shed Hageman
      3. DT Louis NIx
      4. SS Deone Bucannon
      5. FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

      All comments are welcomed, as always.

      --- George
      All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.
    • Mark Morse
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014
        I vote F. None of the Above!!!

        Mark Morse
        Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014

          Mark…if you vote F, who do you think they will pick?

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014
          You will have to read that in my 15th Annual Bama Draft Contest entry!  I can't reveal that in an open forum.  I don't want to give away my pick .... its worth an extra 10 points and could make or break the winner of the contest!

          BTW are you going to the San Diego game in early December?

          Message 5 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014

            OKAY…lol!

            I’m not going to the game, but my daughter and her boyfriend are going to try to go.

            Are you going?

            Message 6 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014
              Yes my wife and I are going, along with 6 other friends.  Have your daughter check out Patriots Tailgate on facebook.  Barry Inciong runs that page and he helps set up away game tailgate parties in every away game city.  he personally organizes and runs the San Diego tailgate and party the night before.  He is also a member of our Razor's Edge Tailgate group and tailagtes with us when he comes to Gillette.

              As the game gets closer and she is sure she is going, perhaps we can get together!

              Message 7 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014

                Thanks, Mark…I’ll have her check that out on Facebook.

                We’ll keep in touch as we all get tickets.

                I’m in your Tailgate Group, although a lot of good it does me huh?? LOL!!

                GO PATS!!!!!!! (and Bruins…)