No Blount statement...

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2014

      One name that I have not heard mentioned once this FA season is LaGarrette Blount. Is no one really interested in him? Have we made an offer? Are we waiting to see if anyone else makes him an offer? I haven't read anything about him visiting anywhere. Just wonderin'...

      fdb

    • Mark Morse
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2014
        Blount isa third tier Free Agent.  He can't catch, doesn't pass block well and when he is on the field everyone on defense knows you are running the ball.  He had two great games for the Pats this season and both of those games were in bad weather.  They needed a "mudder" and Blount came through.

        He is a 5th back at best and there are better options available in the draft (like Tyler Gaffney or Taylor Martinez)

        Mark Morse
        Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2014
          I'd like to have him back with the team. Clearly, he's not worth a fortune. He's no "feature back". He's not a "we can't win without him" guy. But I believe he can definitely continue to make a significant contribution to the team in spots within games, and in games against certain types of defenses. No fuzz on my opinion about this. I want him back.

          --- George
          All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 18, 2014
            Certainly can't argue that his skill set is limited. He's a power back, like Develin, but with a lit more speed. I don't remember ever seeing him catch a pass. Hard to comment on his pass block, since he's never on the field in passing situations. He does provide that combination of power and speed; similar to Bolden. A poor man's Cory Dillon. I think he has value, but it's crowded back there, if they keep Develin.

            fdb
          • Mark Morse
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 18, 2014
              I don't see Devlin making the team next year either!