Patriots sign CB Brandon Browner

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2014
      Its official, they signed Browner to a 3 year $17M contract.  The Patriots have the best CB duo in the NFL right now ....

      Too bad we missed out on Steve Smith, who cancelled a trip to meet with the Patriots and signed with Baltimore Ravens.  Hope we bring back Edelman now.

      Spikes signs with Buffalo (no surprise there)!

      Vince is weighing his options ... I hope he comes to hi senses and agrees to the restructure and finishes his career with the Patriots.

      Lets get Jared Allen and put pressure on opposing QBs

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2014
        Just a shot in the dark at a possibility that intrigues me. I wonder if the Patriots will try the idea of putting Browner, a bit hitter, at SS; and leave Revis and Dennard at the corners? Dennard has talent, and still has improvement ahead, IMO. Wouldn't it be best to have all 3 of these guys on the field at the same time, and have Browner, at 6'4"/220 covering the opponents' TEs. and making the big hits on RBs and/or receivers coming over the middle?

        Duron Harmon doesn't look like a bad player; but is he ready to take over that SS spot?

        --- George
        All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.

        On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:

        Its official, they signed Browner to a 3 year $17M contract.  The Patriots have the best CB duo in the NFL right now ....

        Too bad we missed out on Steve Smith, who cancelled a trip to meet with the Patriots and signed with Baltimore Ravens.  Hope we bring back Edelman now.

        Spikes signs with Buffalo (no surprise there)!

        Vince is weighing his options ... I hope he comes to hi senses and agrees to the restructure and finishes his career with the Patriots.

        Lets get Jared Allen and put pressure on opposing QBs

        Mark Morse
        Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2014
          I've seen that mentioned somewhere else also, George. With his size, it would make some sense, if he's on board with that. But being a really good corner for a long time, it may take a lot of convincing. Revis, Dennard, and Ryan are a good trio, but I think they need someone other than Arrington as that 4th CB.

          On Jared Allen, I don't think the Patriots will take a run at him. Any guy who states that if he doesn't get the money he wants he'll retire is not a BB kind of player. Gives the impression that football doesn't mean enough to him.