Talib to Broncos....

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2014

      What does anyone think of Talib going to the Broncos?

      Should we have kept him? I think that he had some good games.

      They gave him SIX years….

    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 12, 2014

        Would have been nice to keep him, but Denver overpaid (in my opinion). We weren't about to go that high. Big risk for Denver, going 6 years with his injury history. We'll survive it, like we always do.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 12, 2014
          As we now know, he's replaced by a guy named Revis. I'll take that switch any day of the week. Of course, the Revis deal is only for 1 year; so we could face the same dilemma next season. But that's the way the Patriots work these days.

          --- George
          All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 12, 2014
            I agree on all points, Frank. I would have seriously questioned it had the Patriots made that deal with Talib, given his injury history.

            On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:10 AM, <frank.dana@...> wrote:

            Would have been nice to keep him, but Denver overpaid (in my opinion). We weren't about to go that high. Big risk for Denver, going 6 years with his injury history. We'll survive it, like we always do.

            fdb

          • dres74

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 12, 2014
                IMO, the secondary is fixed; although the SS spot is still very uncertain.

                Now, on to get a solid, second level, vet WR; and possibly see if anything can be done at the C and DT spots. If not, those 3 will be our priorities for the draft.

                I'll keep the faith until at least the opening of camp. Let's see how the roster looks then, before panicking over the losses of Talib and (probably) Edelman.

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 13, 2014

                  Have you heard anything about any possibe negotiations with Wilfork? If he won't deal, what are the odds that he is released? I don't think BB would hesitate. They would have to rely on Kelly and the two kids, unless they add through FA or the draft.

                  fdb

                • frankdanabrewster
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 13, 2014