Dealing Amendola?

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2014
      Rumor has it he is being offered up for trade, and may be released, if not traded.
      http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-danny-amendola-available-via-170300958--nfl.html
      That would certainly harden Edelman's bargaining position. We could be going into free agency pretty thin at WR again this year, if both are gone. I can hear the moans about "wasting another year of Tom Brady's career" now. Hope they have a better backup plan than they did last year.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2014
        Trade Amendola? For what, a 7th round pick in 2024?

        --- George
        All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.

        On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 9:24 AM, <frank.dana@...> wrote:

        Rumor has it he is being offered up for trade, and may be released, if not traded.
        http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-danny-amendola-available-via-170300958--nfl.html
        That would certainly harden Edelman's bargaining position. We could be going into free agency pretty thin at WR again this year, if both are gone. I can hear the moans about "wasting another year of Tom Brady's career" now. Hope they have a better backup plan than they did last year.

        fdb

      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2014
          Let's say we lose both Amendola and Edelman. We definitely think we hould pick up a veteran receiver. Who would we prefer - Decker, Nicks, Jacoby Jones? Jason Avant just became available. He's been a reliable slot guy.

          fdb
        • Mark Morse
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2014
            We won't trade Amendola unless we are certain that we can sign Edelman.  I think its going to cost us a similar contract that Amendola signed to keep Edelman.  We can't have two players at the same position making that kind of money.  I don't like any of those veteran wide receivers.

            Mark Morse
            Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 6, 2014

                Yes, I remember hearing some hype about Moe last off-season. You never know. Could be a diamond in the rough. I'm also curious to see if Mark Harrison (injured rookie from our farm team, Rutgers) has some value. I've only seen his highlight video (which was impressive, like all highlight videos), but at 6'3", 230 he's certainly a big target.