Patriots are cheap!

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2014
      I'm so tired of hearing that. Especially since (according to this list) 23 teams have more cap space than the Patriots. The Jets, Bills, and Mammals all have much more available than we do. But I feel sorry for the Steelers and Cowboys... NOT!

      http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2014

      fdb
    • Stephen Basile
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2014
        If I recall correctly, most of our $8.5 million in "Dead Money" was "shot" (as it were) by a former TE named Hernandez.

        Seems there is some way the team might recoup that?

        Baze
        --
        Steve Basile
        Manager/Partner

        On Feb 21, 2014, at 8:23 PM, frank.dana@... wrote:

        I'm so tired of hearing that. Especially since (according to this list) 23 teams have more cap space than the Patriots. The Jets, Bills, and Mammals all have much more available than we do. But I feel sorry for the Steelers and Cowboys... NOT!

        http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2014

        fdb

      • Mark Morse
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2014
          The Patriots knee jerk reaction to canning Hernandez did not follow the protocol established by the players union in the new collective bargaining agreement.  Pats are hoping that Hernandez gets charged on the double murder a year earlier so they can say that he signed the contract in bad faith and can recoup the entire bonus and contract amount.  Otherwise they are carrying his 8M hit this year

          Mark Morse
          Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2014
            Doesn't really seem fair for a team, any team, not just ours, to get penalized for some off the field situation that is totally beyond their control. I'd like to see that element of the Salary Cap rule changed. (Although I doubt that it will be since, in the eyes of today's America, the individual isn't responsible for anything he does, so it must be the team's fault for failing to provide proper guidance. Right?)

            --- George
            All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.