NFL Draft Combine TE's

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2014

      Patriots have been active in interviewing TE candidates.  Herald reports they interviewed Austin Seferian-Jenkins from Washington;  Jace Amaro Texas A&M; Troy Niklas Notre Dame; and CJ Fierdorowicz Iowa.   Top TE Eric Ebron will not be available when the Pats select at #29.

      Next tier of TE’s that will interest the Pats are Richard Rogers Cal and Robert Blanchflower UMass.  Rogers was vastly underutilized in the Cal offense.  Rogers dropped 30 lbs to become more of a slot receiver than TE.   Blanchflower played through a bilateral (both sides) sports hernia this season.  He has had surgery and won’t be able to work out for the scouts until late march.

      There is also a speculative group of players that will be asked to change positions to TE and that includes,  QB Logan Thomas of  Virginia Tech and DE Larry Webster from D2 Bloomsburg St.  Thomas was the consensus #1 TE prospect coming out of HS.   Webster was a basketball player that used his last year of eligibility to play football.  He was dominant as a pass rushing DE, but also caught some passes and had a TD receiving.  Many feel he will be a dual threat in NFL.

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2014
        My gut still says that TE will be their R1 pick; with another possibly added in R6 or R7.

        --- George
        All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.