RE: [patriotzip] Sherman//and L.A. Times column

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2014

      I agree completely…and if he were on our team, I’d be totally embarrassed as you said for our players that did the Chargers mocking.

      Trouble is that Seattle fans think it’s just cool and so does the coach most likely.

      That “12th man” crap is just really immature (from my viewpoint) and so is that whole city’s approach. Root for your team yes, but really?

      Carroll is immature in that he doesn’t need to follow any rules or be classy…”I didn’t know Reggie Bush took money” or “I thought it was okay to hire as many coaches as I can”.

      Or “I thought it was okay to do all of those PED” and so on, so that behavior is not condemned by him and is probably even sanctioned.

      There’s an article in today’s L.A. paper by an idiot that writes garbage quite often.

      He says we’re ALL hypocritical in our response to his shenanigans because we ALL want our players to make the plays under pressure and win big games but then we can’t handle when they act like jerks.

      Um….I like my team to win and to make big plays under pressure, but that doesn’t mean they have to act like jerks and thugs.

      He says we watch players that are paid to be angry and callous and then when they are, we don’t like it. HUH?? What is that garbage? I don’t want angry and callous players…

      This guy was raised in Compton, which is thug territory. A lot of trouble happens there, so kids learn that growing up.

      I don’t care what color they are either, but trouble scares me period. Then they get the reputation they don’t want.

      Carroll coached a lot of years at the school that was surrounded by thug territory as well (such a shame for that location of schools).

      I’m not trying to be racist either, but as you said—a jerk is a jerk or a thug is a thug. IF you don’t want anyone to label you as one, then don’t act like it.

      Man up, and be happy to win and call it a day.

      He’s WAY too old to be acting this immature…almost 26 is too old in my opinion. Maybe junior high boys and early high school, but not this age.

      GO PEYTON (and it pains me to say that….)

      Hope the Broncos heap some whoopee on him and his team and that he and Carroll never get SB rings.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2014
        Sherman's upbringing is definitely the root cause of his behavior, Susan. If you don't act like a thug in neighborhoods like Compton (and there are many white equivalents, I might add), you'll be constantly harassed and assaulted by the majority who are thugs.

        But, as you said, the best people outgrow that immature behavior when they get out of that environment. The best example I know of for such growth is Cris Carter; though he's certainly not the only one.

        Reports indicate that Sherman has shown signs of maturity at some times during his life. But he hasn't grown enough to totally eliminate the "homeboy" within him. Hopefully, for his own good, he will one day. But, until and unless he does, I agree with you in wishing him no success at all.