Thank You, 2013 Patriots!

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 22, 2013
      I continue to have negative expectations for the remainder of this season for our team. I sadly anticipate a loss in this game to the Ravens. I believe the team can beat the Bills next week, and make the playoffs. But I expect the playoff experience, with or without a bye week, to be a 1 and done this year.

      That said, I must add that I consider this season's team to be one of the most couragious and persevering group of young men I've seen in a Patriots' uniform in all of the 63 years that I've been watching and supporting them.

      If there's been a season when the team has faced more adversity, I can't recall it. I certainly don't believe there's been a season when the Patriots have faced more adversity, and reached this point with 10 wins.

      My thanks to every member of the team, players and coaches, for their valiant efforts, whatever the outcome from this point forward.

      They have my support and my hopes for continuing the over achievment we've seen to this point. Can they win their fourth Lombardi Trophy this season? My head says there's no way. My heart, and their performance to date, says ... don't rule them out!

      GO PATRIOTS!

      --- George
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 22, 2013

        Hey George!

        I’m going to bury your head in a hole in the ground…lol!

        I’ll leave your heart alone since that’s what we all need to have right now.

        I do think that we can/will beat the Ravens. That guy Sam Farmer from the L.A. Times says so…he’s wrong sometimes, but let’s hope he’s right today.

        I know the odds show the Poe Birds ahead in the polls, but I’m going to go with the Pats. Last week’s Ravens game was just pathetic on their end.

        I don’t think they are as good as their record indicates this year.

        I saw an article on ESPN sports that said the team that is dangerous this year is the Patrtiots because they have BB and TB.

        Even if they seem decimated by injuries, they are still one of the teams to beat and could be dangerous because people are counting them out.

        Everyone is talking about PP this and PP that and the Hags this and the Hags that….SO, the Pats sneak up behind everyone and yell boo and host the trophy.

        Will it turn out that way? It very well might and it might not. No one thought the Giants would make the playoffs that ill-fated year for us in 07/08.

        I mean who could NOT win that undefeated season? So, now it’s the Pats turn to unleash that kind of power on the unsuspecting teams of this year’s playoffs.

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 22, 2013
          Why is there not yet a law by which people who say stupid things like "one and done" are required to say which team it is that NE P can't beat?

          Denver?  We beat them.
          KC? They'd have to beat somebody else first, unless George has jinxed the Pats vis a vis Buffalo next week.
          Pittsburgh, Miami, San Diego, Baltimore?  Ummm, beat most of them, didn't get a chance to play SD yet.
          Maybe all your respect and support carries with it enough humility to say they just might find a way to win?
          Cincinatti?  So,

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 23, 2013
            I wanted to hold out some hope for pessimist George in addition to crushing the hopes of ..... pessimist George for "one and done."

            Here it is: no 11-4 New England Patriot team with Brady and Belichick has ever done anything other than lose the AFC Championship game after leading at halftime.

            So, we can change that, or jump off a bridge, but, you know, not until the second half of the second (or third) game!!!!

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 23, 2013

              I wonder if we could convince George to predict a loss before every game?  Hey, it’s only weird if it doesn’t work.  J

              Don

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 23, 2013
                This team reminds me a lot of the gritty 2001 patriots.  They won games they shouldn't and often made lesser teams look great.  They really are amazing and a lot is owed to the coaches for keeping these guys winning.  It strikes me that if anyone of the numerous setbacks we have endured happened to any other team they would be done for the year.  Yet here we are hovering somewhere between the number one and number four seeds heading into the playoffs with a locked up division title.  Its a great ride, can't wait to see how far it goes.  By the way, i bet $45 on the Pats to win the Super Bowl at 8:1 in Vegas before the season started.  It still looks like a winnah to me.

                The BrewGnat

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 23, 2013

                  It seems as though it HAS worked lately, hasn’t it?

[...]

                  Image removed by sender.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 23, 2013

                    Hey…I think that you’re right. Remember that year they already had the Rams rings sized?

                    They all ignored the Pats, even though we had an 11-5 record.

                    That year we lost to the Bengals, Jets, Fish, Broncos, and Rams.

                    Two regular OT games and one playoff OT game and then close games the last two.

                    Gritty is right and I think that this year’s team has that element.

                    Gritty is not always pretty but remember that on Feb. 2nd that “W” will be all that matters.

                    I do think that they have what it takes.  Just my two cents of course and I hope everyone counts us out.

                    It will be like 2001/02 all over again. The ones that yapped about the “winner” were the ones that weren’t watching Patriots football.

                    If you actually do watch it you see that the coaches and players are going to rise to the occasion, even if it’s a win by a few points.

                    That year I actually had the football package and could watch the games and you saw something in those games that gave you the chills.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 23, 2013
                          The best thing about being pessimistic is that it feels so DAMN GOOD when you're wrong! :-)

                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 24, 2013

                            Okay…there you have it!

                            Victory coming our way!!

[...]

                              <~WRD000.jpg>

                              This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.