SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 24, 2013

      Well, shiver me timbers, matey!

      That’s what I’m talking about ….wow!

      Best halftime adjustments ever??????

      GO PATS!!!!!!!!!

      Also, nice to see the Jesters and Fish go down.

    • Peter Anderson
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 24, 2013

        Brady played a great 2nd half, but without Gostkowski’s foot at the end it would have been a tie!

        Also, nice to see the Jesters and Fish go down.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 24, 2013

          And the defense stepped up in the 2nd half as well to enable us to catch up.

          At 24-0, I thought it was curtains for us…

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 25, 2013
            So it was REAL? I was afraid I was dreaming!

            That may have been the greatest comeback in the history of our team. ... Ed, what am I forgetting?

            We owe a great deal of thanks to Caicias, god of the northeast wind. He shut down Peyton Manning like no NFL defense has been able to do all season. Belichick recognized that Caisias was to decide this game when he instructed his captains to take the wind, rather than the ball, to start the OT period. And that, as it turned out, was the deciding factor in an incredible football game.

            And what a critical game it was! This game could turn out to be critical in the playoff scenario. Having a head-to-head victory over the Broncos could get the Patriots the HFA throughout the playoffs. It's much too early to call that now, of course. But I will say with confidence that a loss in this game almost certainly would have eliminated that possibility for the Patriots.

            Had the Patriots lost, they'd be 3 games behind the Broncos in games won, AND the Broncos would have owned the tie-breaker. Now, the Patriots trail the Broncos by only 1 win; and they own the tiebreaker.

            In any case, they sit in the "cat bird's seat", with a 1 game lead over the Colts (whose loss was another big game for the Patriots) and Bengals for the #2 seed, and the bye in week 1 of the playoffs.

            It's all good, man! :-)

            --- George
            Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 25, 2013

              Greatest comeback ever for them, according to the TV guys.

              We sure do have a good spot in the playoffs, don’t we?

              Five more games can determine a lot, but we’re in a good spot.

              I was surprised by the Colts loss, but not surprised by the Panthers and Ravens beating our 2 rivals.

              What kind of tie-breaker do we have with KC if we’re tied with them? They have another game with the Broncos so we should actually root FOR the Broncos in that one?

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 25, 2013
                The first tie breaker, if two Division winners have the same Won-Lost record, is head-to-head competition. Since the Patriots and Broncos don't meet in the regular season; they move on to the next one, which is best record against common opponents. We really have to take it week by week, Susan.

                Right now, the Broncos and Chiefs both have 9 wins to the Patriots 8. But we have a head-to-head advantage over the Broncos. So the initial reaction would say we should root for the Broncos to beat the Chiefs. ... BUT, IMO, we'd have a better shot of beating the Chiefs, if we had to play them in KC, than we'd have of beating the Broncos, if we had to play them a mile higher in Denver.

                I want the Chiefs to win the AFC West. I think that's the best scenario for the Patriots. If our team gets the #2 seed, we'd have a bye in playoff week #1. Then we'd host the top seed from the games of week 1 - likely the Broncos. If we beat them again at Gillette, we'd go to KC to play the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game, assuming they beat the other winner from week #1.

                I like the Patriots' chances on that road to the Super Bowl better than having to beat KC at Gillette, and then face the Broncos in Denver.

                Hope you followed all that. :-)

                But, for now, the goal is to beat the Texans next week, and win the 4 games that follow that. Let the Chiefs and Broncos fight their battles while the Patriots win theirs!

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 25, 2013

                  Yes, I followed that…lol! Chiefs it is (as if we had a choice).

                  AND, the only thing to worry about now is Texans….GO PATS!!!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 25, 2013

                    The Patriots and Broncos did meet in the regular season (last night), so the Patriots own the tiebreaker.  I think you mean the Chiefs, George.

                    Peter

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 25, 2013
                      To be fair to George, he shut the TV off at the half so he doesn't acknowledge the game happened. :)

                      Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 26, 2013

                            I have to admit that I got mad and didn’t continue to watch, except an occasional peak at the yahoo sports scores.

                            That’s when I saw the sun start to crest as well, but was still skeptical. I know they have the tools to come back, but would they?

                            They have overcome some bad scenes—Bruschi, TB hurt and Cassel stepped in, and so on (can’t remember then all).

                            And we STILL are having some good games.

                            WHAT?? I thought we’re both supposed to go to the liquor cabinet together, George!!!!!