End of the game

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 21, 2013
      Ok, Pats fans...

      1) Stop being Raiders/Steelers/Colts fans. You're better than
      that.

      2) The thing that was changed on NFL.com was some
      for-the-fans totally unofficial, total non-binding
      explanatory article.

      3) It's the coaching staff's job to know the rule as it
      exists in the official rulebook. Not in an explainer on
      nfl.com, and not even what refs may have said in
      preseason. The actual rule. If the refs said the wrong thing
      in preseason shame on them and the NFL, but the coaches are
      responsible for knowing the real rule regardless.

      4) Blaming the refs when the team blows an 11pt halftime
      lead and has its QB look that bad is really, really
      lame. (See point (1) above.)

      --
      Rich Carreiro rich@...
    • frankdanabrewster

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 21, 2013
          Thanks Rich.

          We got a bad break on a ticky tack call on a rookie who broke a rule that is new, and incurred a penalty at a crucial time in OT in a division game with the victory on the line--and one that happens to be a penalty that hasn't been called in the last 180+ games on anyone.

          But that didn't lose the game for us.

          We had several chances to do that much earlier.

          Baze
          --
          Steve Basile
          Manager/Partner

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 21, 2013

            You’re right on these points below, even if we don’t want to hear it!

            Discouragement takes many forms, but blaming the refs I guess is not a good thing.

            What bothers me the most is the 21-10 halftime lead followed by 17 unanswered points after the half.

            Then we have to scramble to tie and can’t get it done in OT….sigh.

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 21, 2013

              What exactly is that new rule?

              I don’t understand it—they said our player pushed his own teammate?

              Or was it pushing of the other team’s player?

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 21, 2013
                  Right on, Rich! If Brady and both lines had played well, the game would not have gone into OT. That call, new rule or not, did not cost them the game. Their own incompetent play throughout the game was the cause of the loss.

                  --- George
                  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.