The grassy knoll?

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2013
      This loss was certainly much about our poor play, but this is interesting in CHFF. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this certainly looks like a little CYA on the part of the officials...

      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/reporters-say-nfl-rewrote-rulebook-after-patriots-jets-controversy/26011/

      fdb
    • Stephen Basile
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2013
        The rule changed before the season. No verbiage was added or deleted since the rules were published.

        http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/nfl-muddled-explanation-fateful-rule-change

        if you read the article it is clear they are not saying the rule was changed at the last minute. They are saying the rule was badly and incorrectly explained on the page and in a video by Dean by Blandino, and that changing it, even on a website (and I would add: after this call in this game at that point in the OT) looks bad/dumb.

        There is a discussion of this in the Razors Edge Tailgate FB page. No conspiracy here folks.

        But Dumb, like the rule, and the fact that that same move occurs with no call in 90% of all FG formations and most PATs. Lame. Disappointing.

        --
        Steve Basile
        Manager/Partner