YEEEESSSSSS--George was wrong!!

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 13, 2013

      Yeah George was wrong!

      Hi ho the Dario!

      Yeah George was wrong!

      Sorry, couldn’t resist!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • Stephen Basile
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 13, 2013
        I concur. And I bet George is delighted to have been in error on this one.

        It was, as usual, a clinic.  We had them right where we wanted them--in the lead with a minute left.

        Go Pats!
        Baze

        --
        Steve Basile
        Manager/Partner

        On Oct 13, 2013, at 6:42 PM, Susan Moore <scmoore90@...> wrote:

        Yeah George was wrong!

        Yeah George was wrong!

        Hi ho the Dario!

        Yeah George was wrong!

        Sorry, couldn’t resist!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 14, 2013
          The most effective way to ensure a Patriots' victory is for me to guarantee a Patriots' loss. Works almost every time! :-)

          I have to say that, all things considered, this was one of the most amazing victories in the history of the team. Consider the opponent. Consider the Patriots' injury situation going into the game. Consider the injuries that occurred during the game. Consider the time element during those last, agonizing 2 minutes.

          No way they could win. Absolutely no way they could win. ... But they DID! :-)

          --- George
          Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

          On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Susan Moore <scmoore90@...> wrote:

          Yeah George was wrong!

          Yeah George was wrong!

          Hi ho the Dario!

          Yeah George was wrong!

          Sorry, couldn’t resist!!!!!!!!!!!!

        • frankdanabrewster
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 14, 2013

            George is quite certain that they won't win another game this year.  ;o)

            A final drive reminiscent of the TB of a few years ago. Amazing that he pulled it off without Grnk, that other TE, Welker, or Lloyd. Two rookie WRs, Edelman, and a journeyman who just signed a week ago. Let's not forget him. Collie made a couple clutch catches in that drive. I'm sure he has had very little time working with Brady.

            It was a great win, but the silver lining has a dark cloud. Amendola will probably be out for a while. That was helmet-to-helmet, and should have been a penalty. Mayo left in a sling, Who knows about Talib and Connolly. We have been saying,"wait 'till we get everyone healthy". But, matters just keep getting worse in that regard.

            Good to see Ridley back, and running well. Talib completely too Graham out of the game, until he went out. Then Arrington did his best Talib imitation with some great breakups, and a key pick.

            Dobson was a story of two halves - looked good in the first half, then reverted to dropping the ball in the second half. Boyce must be waaaay down the depth chart. Didn't even see the field after Amendola went down.

            Interesting proposal on WEEI this morning. Trade deadline is coming. We have $10M in cap space. The suggestion? Vincent Jackson from the Bucs for a draft pick. The Bucs are going nowhere. They could use the pick, and salary dump. Hmmm...

            Great win! On to Joisey...

            fdb

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 14, 2013

              It was one of those games that even the announcer mentioned—the QB with the ball at the end will win.

              I’m still just giddy over that victory!!

              Are you deep in Cowboy fan territory?

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 14, 2013

                LOL!! Guess that’s our secret weapon huh? Also, for several Octobers you predicted that they would NOT win in that month AT all and what happened then?

                Last weekend my daughter and I bought new Pats shirts at Old Navy and as soon as we got home they lost, so the Bengals loss is on our shoulders.

                When you listed everything down below, you forgot one crucial thing…..CONSIDER the QB we have.

                I know we discussed his body language and his temper during one game, but he’s a human and not a robot.

                I think that we have to have faith in him that he WILL get it done when it matters. Did last weekend matter? You could say yes and no.

                No team is going to win all of their games and even SB winners are going to have a nasty loss here and there.

                He looked fired up to me and found who he needed to find when he needed it.

                Their defense was good but I’m impressed with ours as well. I still am on cloud nine….

                Do you know how many times Brady has played against Drew Brees? I read that Brady hadn’t beaten Brees since their college days.

                Maybe in 20 years it will be the Brady sons against the Brees boys. That would be cool.

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 14, 2013
                  I will take Tom & Bill's 5-1 lemonade in big tall glasses.  And George's guarantee mojo too.

                  I can tell you the mood, and volume level in a packed pub filled with Pats fans plummeted to near zero at the 2:16 mark when Brady threw that ill-advised bomb for a pick.  But a Brees sack later, a 1 minute drive for the ages with no timeouts to hit some guy most of us couldn't name (#10? Collie?  Who's that?) a spike at 10 seconds and then the beautiful catch by Thompkins?

                  Bedlam.  I bet they heard the noise in Foxboro.

                      “You can’t give Tom Brady three chances at a two-minute drill,’’ said Brees.
                  Like George, I was thinking Saints by 10.  Glad I was wrong.

                  --

[...]

                • Ed Bryant

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 14, 2013
                      I like how the announcers were already giving the win to NO. They were hiving their analysis of the fi visions after this loss at NE. I love it when the announcers have it scripted for a particular team to win and have little to say when the other team wins. Great game.

                      The BrewGnat

                      Sent from my iPad

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 14, 2013

                        AND, the Saints’ coaches were already writing down 6-0 on their tallies.