RE: Re: [patriotzip] Does not bode well...

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013

      AND, would aging Peytie Pie (his mom still calls him that) do as well right now with what little Brady has to work with?

      I’d tend to say probably not either….

      I also noticed the head down stance that Brady exhibited. Natural reaction of disappointment? Yes….professional? No….as hard as it is for him right now, he’s got to find a way to step up and take charge.

      From what I’ve read, the young players really look up to him in the league and he needs to suck it up and go forward from here. At 4-1—shaky as it is--, it’s still a good start and if we get those players back I think the season is still doable.

      Even with the scoring, you could say that the Broncos aren’t all that either…they’ve only played losing teams so far (well maybe not yesterday, that was harsh) and one two games were close.

      I sort of wonder about the Colts now….4-1 as well, are they on the rise again with Luck? New to the league, he was on that TV list of top 10 QBs wearing the number 12.

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013

          Yesterday the loss stung because I didn’t see any of that coming, but today I’m reflecting and trying to turn it over in my mind.

          It’s not the lost itself that bugs me so much because we ARE 4-1 and every team is going to lose some games (except ’72 Fish and us in 07/08).

          I don’t want it to be the end of the Brady era (as if it’s my choice, huh)—he’s too good to be in this pathetic situation.

          Some of it is due to the chips falling where they may, but he’s got to rise above that and be the same fired up guy we’ve seen so often.

          But who’s responsible for those chips? Kraft, Bill B., the players, what? How can they change it and get back to where they belong?

          To waste him and his talents this year would just be a crime, in my opinion……sigh. Then we get the 5-0 Saints.

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
            There's been a lot of talk about "body language" on the sidelines. How about body language in the pocket?

            Take a look at some replays of Brady in the last game. He simply does not look "composed and confident" in the pocket. He's got happy feet on nearly every pass that has longer routes; and looks "rushed", rather than "crisp", on the quick passes.

            Compare that to Manning in the game against the Cowboys. He's standing tall, and either checking the entire field on longer routes; or sharply snapping off a throw on the short routes.

            Whatever the reasons, Brady simply isn't Brady any more. He looks like a nervous rookie back there.

            That said, overall, I feel that this season, which, trust me, will not end in the Super Bowl, was lost in the off season by the personnel mis-management of Belichick. The team simply lost too much at one time. It's unreasonable to expect a team to play at a championship level with as much turnover as happened with the Patriots this year.

            --- George
            Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

            On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM, <frank.dana@...> wrote:

            Good points, Susan. It works both ways. Manning would not be in the situation he is in with our receivers. And Brady has to remain professional, and motivate these kids. If the young ones lose faith in him, this will definitely be a wasted season, and perhaps the end of the 'Brady era'.

            fdb

            AND, would aging Peytie Pie (his mom still calls him that) do as well right now with what little Brady has to work with?

            I’d tend to say probably not either….

            I also noticed the head down stance that Brady exhibited. Natural reaction of disappointment? Yes….professional? No….as hard as it is for him right now, he’s got to find a way to step up and take charge.

            From what I’ve read, the young players really look up to him in the league and he needs to suck it up and go forward from here. At 4-1—shaky as it is--, it’s still a good start and if we get those players back I think the season is still doable.

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

              Maybe he needs to see a sports psychologist….just a thought because there are many people out there in all sports that do that, just for an measure of “handling” the pressure or situations.

              He’s a good player and a highly paid professional, but also human. Personally, I think that someone in his position does need to just suck it up at each game and stand tall as PP does.

              Is it easier said than done? I don’t know…

              You’re probably right about the Super Bowl but we’ve also seen stranger things happen. I’m sure the Giants fans knew their season was over at one point and we know how that went.

              Also, there was a list in the paper about the teams since 1990 that have gone 1-3 as a start and how each turned out—how do they think that stuff up? The only one that either made it to the Super Bowl or won was our 2001 team.

              We had different players then, but at that point we probably thought it was over and here we are NOW at 4-1.

              Do you think that it was mostly BB’s fault during the off-season? IF so, why did he put us in such a bind? How much does the owner have to do with it?

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

                  Brady looked nervous because his offensive line looked like a sieve.  Solder alone gave up two easy sacks.  Even when they did hold the line his receivers were often out of position or dropped the ball.  The game is won and lost on the line and both the offensive and defensive lines lost the battle over all this game.  That said this is not the Brady of old no doubt about it and the defensive line gets a pass because the offense left them out there for far too much time.  As to Manning it is easy to look confident when you have a cadre of veteran receivers, TEs, and offensive linemen who aren’t allowing you to be planted on your back frequently.

                  Don

[...]

                  < p class="MsoNormal">

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

                    Could be….I think that’s what the Lakers are doing this year. Hoping for next year’s draft and free-agent group.

                    Kobe is exactly one year younger than Brady, so who knows if they’ll get another championship with him.

                    The execs here seem to be a little more verbal than BB is.

                    Wish Kobe could get that 6th ring and Brady his 4th ring before they both take an exit from pro sports.

                    Sorry, most of you guys are probably Celts fans!

                    I’m thinking that this year is not even close to being done….I’m going to stick with it and hope it picks up with Gronk and Amendola.

                    I mean, who knows who is going to win the Super Bowl or get to the playoffs at all???

                    There was only ONE in the past that I knew was going to win…the 1986 Chicago Bears.