Patriots sign WR Austin Collie

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2013
      Reported by Boston Herald ... Edelman and Boyce are the only healthy WR this week and all others were limited.  Did see a report that said to expect Amendola to play this week.

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2013

        What do you think of Austin Collie?

        Would be nice to see Amendola in this week’s game.

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2013
          Great. Another WR who can't go more than about 6 snaps without getting hurt. In his case, it's a concussion after passing too close to a DB.

          --- George
          Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

          On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:

          Reported by Boston Herald ... Edelman and Boyce are the only healthy WR this week and all others were limited.  Did see a report that said to expect Amendola to play this week.

          Mark Morse
          Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

        • frankdanabrewster

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2013

              Busy in Foxboro. Collie in, Sudfeld out, Vince to IR.

              Does the release of Sudy indicate Gronk is ready?

              Does the Collie signing mean Dobson is not?

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 4, 2013
                        Term: 1 year (through 2013)
                        Signing bonus/incentives: None
                        Base salary: $715,000

                        The deal includes a split, so if Collie lands on a reserve list his base salary would be reduced. There is also an injury waiver as part of the deal, which is likely tied to Collie's past with concussions.

                        As one would expect given Collie's injury history, and the time of year on the NFL calendar, he isn't in a position with great leverage. From a team perspective, this is a deal that has as limited of a financial risk as possible for a player with Collie's experience.

                        Not a bad risk .

                        --
                        Steve Basile
                        Manager/Partner