Re: [patriotzip] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Tampa)

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 24 5:01 PM
      You didn't add Tom Brady to your Ugly side.  Missing wide open WR down the middle and underthrowing Dobson wide open in the EZ.  The pick was awful too.  We may be seeing the degradation of the Tom Brady at a much more rapid pace than expected.

      Mark Morse Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 24 5:44 PM

        Thanks!!

        What in interesting list.

        I’m a little surprised at Elway and Montana.

        The lowest ones on the list are probably under the 14 game seasons?

        Guess Montana was as well—he played a decent amount of years.

        Aikman with 3 Super Bowls is nowhere near the list and Marino with 0 Super Bowls is on the list.

        I say Kudos to Brady! I know it’s not all him, but the team players and coaches for the wins.

        Both he and Manning were out for one whole season too.

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 24 5:46 PM

          NOOOOOO—take back your sentences, Mark!! LOL….don’t want to see that at all.

          You didn't add Tom Brady to your Ugly side.  Missing wide open WR down the middle and underthrowing Dobson wide open in the EZ.  The pick was awful too.  We may be seeing the degradation of the Tom Brady at a much more rapid pace than expected.

          Mark MorseRazor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

        • frankdanabrewster

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 24 6:56 PM

                Thanks so much! I printed the list out—I love to look over lists and ponder them.

                Peyton is going to tie Brady this year because, according to the papers, it’s Broncos and no one else is even in the same ballpark.

                Oh, but if it’s only regular season then he’ll fall one short by season’s end with 13 more victories and he needs 14.

                They aren’t going to lose at all and the football elves are hard at work fixing the Lombari with the Broncos name and the MVP with Peyton.

                So, the rest of us Cinderellas might as well stay home from the ball. (of course we know how Cinderella ended…)

                DEEP breath---I need you guys to tell me to stop believing everything I read in those sports pages…lol!

                I get all flustered and flap around in circles…sigh.

                ALSO, Farve might catch Brady as well because I read a rumor that he might come back from the dead.

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 24 7:01 PM
                  The improvement was obvious this week. I'm reasonably optimistic about the Patriots chances in Atlanta. The Falcons are not playing well. They've scored only 71 points on offense, leaving them at #13 in the NFL. Roddy White is banged up, and Steven Jackson is out for at least this game. Of course, Julio Jones is still a major concern. Defensively, they've given up 74 points, which is 19th in the league; and their pass defense has surrendered 296 yards per game, allowing opponents to complete 65% of their passes.

                  If the Patriots D continues to play as well as it has in the first 3 games; and the O improves as much from Week 3 to Week 4 as it did from 2 to 3 (Gronk back?); they could win this game by at least 10 points.

                  GO PATRIOTS!

                  --- George
                  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

                  On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM, <frank.dana@...> wrote:

                  Good analysis as always, Dave. The O-line scares me a little. Maybe pass rushers are just getting better, but Brady has to stay upright. Bolden looked great. Could fill that vereen role for a while.

                  I heard Brady's interview on WEEI on Monday. That pick in the EZ really upset him. He was going to Dobson in the back of the EZ, and just underthrew it. Everyone thought it was intended for Sudy. He also explained the wide open Edelman/Thompkins play. They were supposed to draw the coverage away from Sudfeld (who was the primary). The corners bit on the play fake instead, and Tom just didn't pick it up

                  Run D looked better. I was surprised to see Vince and Kelly getting pushed around last week. Much better against TB. We have definitely developed a core on D now - Jones, Ninko, Wilfork, Mayo, Talib... They could start to look like the defense from 10 years ago again.

                  Hopefully, we'll se a lot more Tom Griffin to Kenbrell Grifin and Aaron Griffin in the future.  ;o)

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 25 8:15 AM

                          I think that he DOES just need to get used to this new crop of receiver.

                          In the overall scope of things, that loss of personnel was HUGE. Can you think of any other major contending team that had this happen at the end of one season?

                          It’s a major adjustment for him and the rookies too.

                          The sports articles sure are high on Edelman!! So let’s hope he has a good year.

[...]

                            • Steve Basile
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 25 9:07 AM
                                The list is regular season only.
                                 If Denver wins 13 more Peyton will be at +99 while Tom should be at least at +105

                                Baze

                                Sent from an oddly attractive but flat device lacking a keyboard.