Browns - Colts Trade

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2013
      We don't often see "blockbuster" trades in the NFL only 2 weeks into the season. So the Browns trading RB Trent Richardson to the Colts for the Colts Round 1 pick in 2014 is definitely a surprise.

      I see it as genuine "win-win" deal. The Colts get a much needed improvement in their running game, to help improve the time and protection for QB Luck. It's certainly going to be interesting to see how much of an impact Richardson will have for the Colts after a couple of weeks to get into the offense.

      The Browns, now likely to finish at or near the bottom of the league this season, will get a shot to pick up the "franchise QB" they need to build around for the future. Most likely that QB will be either Tony Manziel of Texas A&M, or Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville, although there are a couple of others who could look just as good or better by the end of the NCAA season. And, with 2 picks in Round 1, they can get some offensive help (OL?) to help that rookie QB excel.

      So dreams of Trent Richardson becoming the next Jim Brown in Cleveland are now dead. ;-) But Browns fans can dream of the next Otto Graham to lead them back into the ranks of the contenders in the NFL. Because of the storied history of this team, I wish them luck. Having lived through many, many seasons with my Patriots being a doormat, I know how much that sucks. I wouldn't wish it on any NFL fans. (Well, except, perhaps, Jets fans.) ;-)

      So hang in there, Browns fans! Better days are coming.

      --- George
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.