Predictions?

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2013

      Bad weather + two pretty good defenses + two struggling offenses = low scoring game.

      Pats 20, Jets, 14

      I expect to see a lot of Blount tonight.

      Big plays from our D.

      fdb

    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2015

        Anyone care to venture a guess on the outcome of this weeks Brady-Goodell meetings? Just my own thoughts...

        Despite his enormous ego, Goodell must understand how thin his case is, based upon the evidence presented in both the 'In Context' and AEI reports. Yet, he cannot wipe the slate clean for a couple reasons.

        1) He feels it will make him look weak; just the opposite of what was intended by the harsh penalty.

        2) Rescinding the entire suspension (even with a fine for not turning over the cell phone) would imply that TB did nothing wrong. That fact would demand that the team be reimbursed the $1M and the draft picks.

        3) He would have wasted $5M of the league's money on a bogus investigation.

        So, Goodell proposes a compromise of 2 games (to save face). Despite the posturing from the Brady camp, he accepts the 2 games, with no admission of guilt. He will present his reasoning for the acceptance as not wanting to drag this out into training camp and pre-season - doing what is in the best interest of the team and the league.

        TB won't say so, but I think dragging the league into a protracted court case, even if he were to ultimately win, would have a more detrimental impact on his legacy than a two game suspension. JMO.

        fdb

      • Mark Morse
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2015
          This is a deathmatch between Brady and Goodell!  Brady is going to the mat with nothing but total exoneration as the ultimate outcome.  Further, the evidence shown in the AEI report indicates that nothing illegal happened at all, so how can there be a fine, loss of draft picks and suspension for not fully cooperating?   The Players union wants to fight this because they don't want their players to turn over the personal items (unless under subpoena).  They don't want to be tried in the court of Roger Goodell!

          Goodell no longer can hide behind "More Likely Than Not"!  Its now more like the Ideal Gas Law took effect and the NFL's sting operation / investigation was a sham!

          Heads need to roll in the NFL offices over this!

          Mark Morse
          Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup