Vereen to miss several weeks

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2013
      Jay Glazer:

      "RB Shane Vereen broke a small bone in his wrist
      on 1st play yesterday, scheduled for surgery today. Out few weeks" ...

      --
      Rich Carreiro rich@...
    • frankdanabrewster

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2013
          DAMN! Well, I guess that forces BB to give Ridley his job back ... for now. If he fumbles again, I wouldn't be surprised to see BB go with LGB and Bolden, and seek to trade Ridley. BB has no patience for fumbles; and I don't have much more than he does.

          I'll add to that that I'm a Ridley fan. I like the kid's attitude and intelligence. I hope he can put this behind him, and continue to be the productive RB I know he can be ... IF he can keep the ball in his possession!
          Even if Ridley returns, and plays well, we're going to miss Vereen's change of pace, and 3rd down productivity. Washington, even if healthy, hasn't got enough left in the tank to replace Vereen in that role. ... I wonder if Edelman, former QB, would be comfortable and effective out of the backfield? Just a thought.

          --- George
          Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

          On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Rich Carreiro <rich@...> wrote:

          Jay Glazer:

          "RB Shane Vereen broke a small bone in his wrist
          on 1st play yesterday, scheduled for surgery today. Out few weeks" ...

          --
          Rich Carreiro rich@...

        • David Brunat