Pats-Bills analysis...

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2013
      Just a couple good lines from Cold Hard Football Facts, regarding the game on Sunday. Yes, they picked the Pats...

      "The Patriots have retooled (use of the word "reloaded" is politely discouraged in Foxboro) to the tune of 14 rookies on the roster, seven of whom were undrafted. Fortunately for New England, none of them will be throwing passes, which is more than Buffalo can say.

      The Bills start rookie EJ Manuel at QB. Manuel narrowly got the edge over undrafted Jeff Tuel. How good of a prospect is Tuel? The Patriots worked him out, and then promptly opted for Tim Tebow (and throughout the preseason, Tebow threw the ball in such a way to make me doubt that he is, in fact, left-handed). That can't have Buffalo brimming with confidence."

      fdb

    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
        Concerns about Pats at Bills...

        The O-line. Only 8 on the roster, Svitek is out, and Chris Baker just signed. So, they have SIX linemen who know what they are doing. That's my biggest concern.

        Not a concern, but do you think we'll see Devlin at TE? He was practicing with the TEs before he was released, Maybe they brought him back when they knew Gronk wasn't going to be ready.

        Prediction:  Pats 31, Bills 20

        fdb

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
          Solid observations in both cases, Frank.

          It's tough to go through a game with only 6 OL. The guys in the trenches are going all out, with full contact, on every snap. They need rotation during long drives; which we hope to have many of. Definitely a serious concern.

          I'd say it's a lock that Develin will get some snaps at TE. All they have on the active roster are Sudfeld and Hoomanawanui. While the Patriots can and will run a lot of 1 TE formations, they'll also run many 2's, and almost certainly at least a few 3s. Look for #46 to be in there at TE along with #44 and #47. (Trying to help myself get all these new numbers memorized! Love that Suds is wearing Dallas Clark's number just as much as I love that Gronk is wearing Ben Coates number.) :-)

          I am SO ready for some Patriots football!!
          GO PATRIOTS!!

          --- George
          Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

          On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM, <frank.dana@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Ed Bryant
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
            Poor Dallas Clark.  He now wears Ben Coates number, hoping it would please you!!! :)

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013

              Josh Kline elivated from the PS. At least that helps...

              And Leon Washington is back. I would bet as a designated kick returner.