Final 53 before cutdown

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2013

      Tomorrow is the day, so here goes. An extra O or D lineman is more important than Tebow, so he's gone (but not tomorrow). I have them either keeping 9 O-linemen, or cutting to 52, and grabbing someone else's cut. O-line health has been shaky, Other than that, not really any big surprises. I'll be surprised if I'm right.

      QB (2);
      The experiment is over. I like the guy, but I see no valuable use for Tebow. Edelman can serve as the emergency QB, and it Brady and Mallet both go down, what difference does it make. Use the roster spot somewhere else.
      Brady
      Mallet

      RB (4);
      Thought they might go with 5, but I think not. Again, I think they can get better use of that roster spot elsewhere. Washington has gotten little playing time, and with the four ahead of him, he would only be used for returns. That's not enough value.
      Ridley
      Vereen
      Blount
      Bolden

      WR (6);
      I think this is pretty well set. Jenkins is gone, and you guys are right, Slater is just too valuable on ST.
      Amendola
      Dobson
      Boyce
      Edelman
      Slater
      Thompkins

      TE (4);
      Ford hadn't shown anything and was injured, so he was waived. Some think they'll go with 3, but they have too many 2 and 3 TE sets. Fells gets bumped when Gronk comes back..
      Gronkowski (after PUP)
      Ballard
      Sudfeld

      Hooman
      Fells

      OL (9);
      Pretty much intact from last season (which is a good thing). They should keep 9, considering the nagging injuries that some of these guys have been dealing with already. Or they could pick up a ninth from someone else's cuts.
      Mankins
      Wendell
      Connolly
      Solder
      Vollmer
      Zusevics
      Cannon
      Svitek
      C. McDonald or pick-up from cuts

      DL (8);
      Armstead to PUP. Has not played a down in PS. He may be back in the first few weeks. Benard has really come on strong. Cunningham hasn't look very good, and has been injured. Bequette never seemed to get it. Buchanan makes the 53.
      Wilfork
      Jones
      Francis
      Kelly
      Ninkovich
      Benard

      Forston

      Buchanan

      LB (6);
      More youth and speed with Collins and Beauharnais (whom I will pick as the
      surprise rookie this year).
      Mayo
      Hightower
      Collins
      Spikes
      Fletcher
      Beauharnais

      CB (6);
      Someone may take Dennard's place if he is... umm... not available. Fingers crossed with Dowling. Came back to practice Monday. Still the most problematic position. If Dennard and Dowling aren't available (for different reasons) we'll be thin again. Ryan better learn fact.
      Talib
      Dennard
      Arrington
      Dowling
      Ryan
      Cole

      S (5);
      Gregory's a bubble guy, but he has experience. They say T. Wilson hasn't shown the development they had hoped for, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
      McCourty
      A. Wilson
      T. Wilson
      Gregory
      Harmon

      ST (3);
      I left Slater out, but he could be added as a ST guy only. Too many WRs to list
      him there. I don't think he makes it this year.
      Gostkowski
      Mesko
      D. Aiken

    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2013

         Edited some comments...

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, <frank.dana@...> wrote:

[...]

        Someone may take Dennard's place if he is... umm... not available. Fingers crossed with Dowling. Came back to practice Monday. Still the most problematic position. If Dennard and Dowling aren't available (for different reasons) we'll be thin again. Ryan has looked good lately.
        Talib
        Dennard
        Arrington
        Dowling
        Ryan
        Cole

        S (5);
        Gregory's a bubble guy, but he has experience. They say T. Wilson hasn't shown the development they had hoped for, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
        McCourty
        A. Wilson
        T. Wilson
        Gregory