Re: [patriots] Get Your Wallet Out

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 6:34 PM
      New Logo is awful ....

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      From: Ghost of Patriots Past <chiz3914@...>
      To: da List <patriots@...>; Kirk Luedeke <k_luedeke@...>
      Sent: Friday, July 5, 2013 4:32 PM
      Subject: [patriots] Get Your Wallet Out

      http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/new-england-patriots-reveal-slightly-new-logo/

      At 1st I'd heard the new logo,  which sucks, IMO,  was just going in
      the EZ, but I guess it's going on apparel, too, except player helmets?
      Shell out that coin, suckers, for the new gear-:)

      Steve - Free Patriots fans

      I'm opposed to religious fundamentalism in any form.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5 7:22 PM
        As we all know, it's all about the money. For an old dude like me, there is no substitute for tradition. So, unless they return to "Pat Patriot" (never happen), I don't care what they do with the logo. But, IMO, the new one is worse that the last one.

        On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:

        New Logo is awful ....

        Mark Morse
        Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
        At 1st I'd heard the new logo,  which sucks, IMO,  was just going in
        the EZ, but I guess it's going on apparel, too, except player helmets?
        Shell out that coin, suckers, for the new gear-:)

        Steve - Free Patriots fans

        I'm opposed to religious fundamentalism in any form.

        -- George
      • Stephen Basile
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6 5:14 PM
          I don't think it's bad.  I kind of like it.  I don't get to attached to things like this, nor do I feel that existing logowear is somehow rendered antique or less desirable by the modifications all teams make.  My Pat Patriot might be one of the ugliest team logos ever, but I still love it and wear it.

          Now If I could only find a high-resolution version of the new logo for our website and the apparently-needs-to-be-revised  giant 2013 schedule wall poster I was just about to send to our printer!

          Baze

          --
          Steve Basile
          Manager/Partner