Re: Sunday's Rooting Rules

  • PatriotZip <patriotzip@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 12, 2002
      I'm completely with Chris on this... gasp!

      I want to win this division first and it's too perilous to have any
      slack in that. I want and expect to beat the dorsal fins December 29
      but I'd by equally happy to wrap up our division Dec. 22 when we beat
      the Jets.

      Raider can go ahead and lose the other two if that's what will help
      us but I worry more about winning the division then getting the #1
      seed.

      Zip

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Robert Woods
      <tradebledsoe@y...> wrote:

      > Since anything can happen and I'd rather see us in
      > than not, I'll be pulling for the Raiders.
      >
      > Me, I'll take a #2 seed after beating a demoralized
      > Miami team the last game of the year and be happy.
      >
      > I'll concede the #1 seed to the west easily, as if
      > we go back to Oakland, we win.
      >
      > --- Rob Bosch <rob.bosch@r...> wrote:
      > > Agreed on all counts, although I still hesitate with
      > > #1 a little bit. It's
      > > hard as hell to root for the Dolphins. Something
      > > doesn't feel right about
      > > it, even though it does make sense. My general rule
      > > is that you never ever
      > > root for a team in your division to win, but in this
      > > case I will. But I
      > > won't cry if the Raiders win either.
      > >
      > > -Pats Freak

    • George The Patsfan
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 12, 2002
        ***** I certainly can't argue strongly against that position, Zip. There
        will be no tears in my eyes, or anger in my heart, if the Raidahs beat the
        Phins. I guess I could say it's a "no win - no lose" game for me! Perfect
        for me, wouldn't you say? ;-)

        (Still prefer a Phins' win, because my level of confidence in our ability to
        beat them at the Razor is higher than my level of confidence in our ability
        to beat the Raidahs in the Black Hole.)

        George 665 + 36 =
        ** World Champion N E Patriots **

        From: "PatriotZip <patriotzip@...>" <patriotzip@...>
        To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [patriotzip] Re: Sunday's Rooting Rules
        Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:05:21 -0000

        <tradebledsoe@y...> wrote:

        > Since anything can happen and I'd rather see us in
        > than not, I'll be pulling for the Raiders.
        >
        > Me, I'll take a #2 seed after beating a demoralized
        > Miami team the last game of the year and be happy.
        >
        > I'll concede the #1 seed to the west easily, as if
        > we go back to Oakland, we win.
        >
        > --- Rob Bosch <rob.bosch@r...> wrote:
        > > Agreed on all counts, although I still hesitate with
        > > #1 a little bit. It's
        > > hard as hell to root for the Dolphins. Something
        > > doesn't feel right about
        > > it, even though it does make sense. My general rule
        > > is that you never ever
        > > root for a team in your division to win, but in this
        > > case I will. But I
        > > won't cry if the Raiders win either.
        > >
        > > -Pats Freak

      • Buh Buh KEn
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 13, 2002
          Yeah I'm not sold on the Chargers. I think they will blow it whether it is
          now or in a playoff game.

          Buh Buh KEn
          Owner of: WWF Tough Enough Yahoo! Group

        • PatriotZip <patriotzip@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 15, 2002
            Chargers will show their colors against Buffalo today. I'm a fan of
            them rebounding nicely and giving us a better lock on a better draft
            pick.

            The who to root for list today is highly debated but I remain firm -
            I want Miami to lose - the Jets to lose. Everything else I'll take
            as it comes ... they are all really win-win situations. Next week
            things will be crystal clear for whom to support.

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Buh Buh KEn" <Phish8684@h...>