Alleged crime....

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2013

      I’m just heartsick over this Hernandez issue. I realized that I came late to the information party and didn’t completely understand what had happened—even posted about how someone could be involved in that, but thought he was probably a bystander or something. I’ve had two weeks of houseguests and 3 graduations, so have not paid a lot of attention to the news. What I didn’t understand is that Hernandez himself (allegedly) set out to do the crime and rented a car and there’s evidence on the car and in the video cameras, etc. Texts to and from the sister indicate the guy was scared and knew something was up, and so on. All for what appears to be a really flimsy reason or that macho testosterone getting the better of someone?

      What a cold-blooded and heartless thing to do—I can’t even comprehend that. Play college ball for 3 years, enter the draft at age 20 (maybe that’s a problem), then get picked by THE BEST team in the NFL and get paid HUGE dollars last August and then do this?? Or rather, allegedly do this. I just don’t get it, but I guess it’s human nature sometimes in all areas of work.

      I didn’t know much about him or his background or even that he was so young—did anyone see anything like this coming from what they know about him? It’s just so sad all the way around….

      Do you think that the Pats did the right thing in letting him go right now? It’s before he’s convicted and some other teams kept players with criminal charges—Lewis with murder charges, Big Ben with rape charges, Michael Vick (but he went to jail and did time), etc. Is it just the severity of it all versus Lewis’s murder involvement charges or what was the reasoning? I know someone is dead and we’ve lost a talented player that has thrown his life away and we will have to eat huge sums of cash.

      I hope that the police don’t blow the evidence like they did with OJ in L.A.

      Anyway…I know George said he didn’t want to mention “him” but I usually need to process things by talking about them at least a little bit—so humor me, please??

    • patfan1

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013
          I'm sure they did the right thing, Susan. I would imagine there were terms in his contract requiring him to keep his nose clean, and they wouldn't tolerate ANY issues of this nature. I'm also confident that they knew a lot more about the details of the investigation than we did, as it progresses.

          Brian Billick was discussing it, saying that the security staffs of the various teams are lead primarily by ex-FBI agents. They are in constant contact with authorities (as is the league) during these events. The Pats knew what was going down long before we did. The best thing was to cut ties now, to avoid further distractions when the team reconvenes in July.

          fdb

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013

            Thanks…”you can’t fix stupid” is a GREAT line. It really does fit so many things that we can’t understand. My problem is that I WANT to understand and sometimes you just can’t.

            My motto when the 2-week company was here was “take one for the team” and I tried to let the annoyances go.

            Great line that fits Hernandez, "you can't fix stupid."

            Sent from my iPhone

            Recent Activity:

            .

            Image removed by sender.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013

              Thanks for answering….sometimes I just need some discussion, but I’ll let it go after this!

              That’s fascinating about the security staffs being lead by ex-FBI agents—wow! Guess that does make sense…

              I'm sure they did the right thing, Susan. I would imagine there were terms in his contract requiring him to keep his nose clean, and they wouldn't tolerate ANY issues of this nature. I'm also confident that they knew a lot more about the details of the investigation than we did, as it progresses.

              Brian Billick was discussing it, saying that the security staffs of the various teams are lead primarily by ex-FBI agents. They are in constant contact with authorities (as is the league) during these events. The Pats knew what was going down long before we did. The best thing was to cut ties now, to avoid further distractions when the team reconvenes in July.

              Reply to sender

              Reply to group

              Start a New Topic

              Messages in this topic (3)