Re: The NEW New England Patriots

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27 9:59 AM
      Good analysis, George. There will certainly need to be a change in philosophy, on both sides of the ball. Assuming Gronk misses the start of the season, we will be missing our FIVE top receivers from last year. How often do you see a team deal with that.

      The running game has shown great promise. I agree, we have the O-line and the backs to be very successful. It will also take some pressure off Brady. He's no spring chicken anymore. We have some outside speed with Dobson and Boyce, if they can learn the playbook, and earn Tom's confidence. Reports indicate that Jenkins was clicking with Brady pretty well at mini-camp. And let's hope Ballard comes back to form.

      Good point about the 'D' as well. We need to be more of a pressure defense, force turnovers, and be especially effective on 3rd down. Again, the horses are there. Would be nice if Collins or Buchanan turned out to be a good find, and we start to excel at QB pressure.

      Of course, as always, the biggest afctor is avoiding injury.

      Looking forward to the season!

      fdb