Re: [patriotzip] Hernandez Investigation

  • Stephen Basile
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 20, 2013

      We never had any murders before Tebow came on board.

      --
      Steve Basile
      Manager/Partner

      On Jun 19, 2013, at 11:44 PM, George Richman <patswingr@...> wrote:

      Would anybody, even a "dumb jock", be stupid enough to dump a body he'd killed (or even been involved in killing), just a mile from his house?

      I won't get into wild speculation about what might have happened. There are far too many variables to try to guess at it. But I have to express very strong doubts that Hernandez had anything to do with it, beyond innocently (and generously) renting the SUV for someone else to use.

      (However, I have to point out that "strong doubts" doesn't mean that it's not possible that I'm entirely wrong. In such situations as a murder, panic can lead to some very unlikely, and unintelligent actions.)

      --
      -- George

    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
        Warrant has been issued for his arrest this morning on obstruction charges. The more that comes out, the worse this looks. What a complete moron.

        http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22652122/arrest-warrant-issued-for-pats-hernandez

        Steve, that's pretty funny. Mere coincidence? ;o)

        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Basile <avatar@...> wrote:

        > We never had any murders before Tebow came on board.
        >
        > --
        > Steve Basile
        > Manager/Partner
        > B.D. Riley's Irish Pub
        > Austin, TX
        > Official Home: Austin Patriots Club
        > Web: www.bdrileys.com
        >
        > On Jun 19, 2013, at 11:44 PM, George Richman <patswingr@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Would anybody, even a "dumb jock", be stupid enough to dump a body he'd killed (or even been involved in killing), just a mile from his house?
        > >

        > > I won't get into wild speculation about what might have happened. There are far too many variables to try to guess at it. But I have to express very strong doubts that Hernandez had anything to do with it, beyond innocently (and generously) renting the SUV for someone else to use.
        > >
        > > (However, I have to point out that "strong doubts" doesn't mean that it's not possible that I'm entirely wrong. In such situations as a murder, panic can lead to some very unlikely, and unintelligent actions.)
        > >
        > > --
        > > -- George

      • David Brunat
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
          Still havent heard anything official.  I dont believe anything the media comes up with.  This is the same group of people that doctored George Zimmermans photo to make him look white and posted pictures of Travon Martin when he was 12 in order to sensationalize the case.  Due process folks.

          BrewGnat

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013

            Agreed…sometimes the media is a ferocious group of weasels.

            Let’s hope for the best for him…

            Still havent heard anything official.  I dont believe anything the media comes up with.  This is the same group of people that doctored George Zimmermans photo to make him look white and posted pictures of Travon Martin when he was 12 in order to sensationalize the case.  Due process folks.

            BrewGnat

            .

            Image removed by sender.

          • patfan1
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
              I'm hoping for the truth to come out, whether its good or bad for him.

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jun 21, 2013, at 1:10 PM, "Susan Moore" <scmoore90@...> wrote:

              Agreed…sometimes the media is a ferocious group of weasels.

              Let’s hope for the best for him…

              Still havent heard anything official.  I dont believe anything the media comes up with.  This is the same group of people that doctored George Zimmermans photo to make him look white and posted pictures of Travon Martin when he was 12 in order to sensationalize the case.  Due process folks.

              BrewGnat

              .

              <image002.jpg>

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
                We must always remember that media people get paid to write and broadcast ... something. If there's nothing, or not enough information KNOWN; make something up! Keep people reading, watching, or listening to you. Their goals are always more print space, and more air time.

                The truth in this shooting lies somewhere between Hernandez knowing nothing about what happened beyond renting the SUV for his sister-in-law; and Hernandez being directly involved as the shooting happened. I have no idea where in that spectrum the truth is; and neither does anyone in the media, at this point.

                Dave is absolutely correct. We should all wait until the full story is uncovered by the investigators ... if it ever is. The worst crime that humans can commit (Obama aside for the moment) is involved here. Words and phrases like "if", it is believed", "may have", and "could have" do not belong in discussions of this; and neither do prejudicial remarks about Hernandez' family and friends, past or present.

                Truth IS. Truth is not created.

                --
                -- George
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013
                  I strongly disagree, Susan. That is, with your inclusion of the word "sometimes" in your statement. I will accept "nearly always", as a reasonable compromise; but not "sometimes". :-)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 21, 2013

                    LOL!! I guess I can see your point, buddy!! I might back down from sometimes (which is just a random word I threw out), but I’m not sure I’ll go all the way to nearly always?

                    I’ll meet somewhere in between—they do some good too.

                    I think they might be more like wolverines—the mascot of TB’s college years. Does anyone know about that creature? It’s one of the most ferocious, will eat anything, does NOT hibernate but runs all over during winter and can climb over a 5000 ft elevation gain in a very short time and so on.

                    I want the truth to come out as well, but I’m also hoping that Hernandez is okay.