It's Tebow Time in Foxboro

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2013
      I don't have a problem with the Patriots signing Tim Tebow if he is going to play TE like CBS Sports is reporting.  I have said all along that Tebow is a spectacular athlete and if he can learn the position, it just might be another steal for the Patriots.

      This decision to sign Tebow needed approval from Bob Krtaft because of the media circus that swirls around Tebow.  Under BB, he will keep that in check and if Tebow can focus on learning a new position, I think it will work out.  I don't care about his religous beliefs ... bittom line, can he help this team, and if the answer by BB is that he can then I'mm all for it!

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2013
        I agree, Mark. Could be a very productive signing. TE, RB, wildcat QB in spots - a lot of options. I don't think it will be a distraction either. This isn't the Jets, and it ain't NY. I'm sure they have safeguards in place, if it doesn't work out. Low risk signing.

        If nothing else, it should be fun...

        fdb

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2013
            BB at press conference on Tebow:

            "We signed him because we believe he can help the team.'
            "He's listed as our #3 QB, so he is what he is. Like any other player, we'll use him where we think he can help the team."
            "I'm not going to comment on his playing time, or the situations in which we might use him. You'll see that in the games."
            "I'm not going to comment on his personal beliefs or his behavior off the field. He's a football player."
            "If you don't have any more questions about Tim as a football player, we're done here."

            --
            -- George
          • Stephen Basile
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2013
              A huge error. A waste of money and a roster spot that could be occupied by a player (NOT accompanied by a media circus worshipping his every fart) who will contribute to our Super Bowl chances THIS YEAR.  No upside here for me.  RB?  Dozens better.  QB?  Zillions better.

              Bad idea.  If there is a god, Tebow will be hawking underwear or Amway by September.

              Bad for us, bad for the NFL.

              Baze
              --
              Steve Basile