Re: [patriotzip] Re: Patriots cut Moe and Greene

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013
      Mark, did you author the Mo Green subject line?  I wish I had a dime for every time I told people: "Mark's smart.  He's got ideas."

      That said, I want to ask a question about defensive linemen?  Is any among us guilty of accusing the Patriots of lacking a pass rush and then condemning the release of Brace, Pryor,  Love, and  Deaderick?

      One thing no one ever says about Bill Belichick is how unemotionally he cuts ties with WR's and DB's who were drafted or otherwise acquired and then don't pan out.   This being the deep off-season, many look for moral, or at least clubhouse presence, reasons for cutting guys.

      All the Patriots are trying to do is be in a position to break up a Manning to Manningham pass with a lead in the game they play in February.   The last time we were in such a position, the Bruins hadn't won a Stanley Cup in 39 years.   The 2013 Bruins have made it to the final four for just the second time since Tom Brady came to town.  For the record, the Patriots in that time have reached the final four seven times.

      I hope we get a better pash rush out of what we send at Drew Brees and Peyton and them this year.  We have good turnover opportunist, but if we can shave a tenth of a second off of the other side's opportunity, we'll be better.   We don't need to be all that much better to be good!!!!

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013
        Good points ... I didn't realize I had a Moe Greene subject line ... very clever of you to pick that up!  Didn't get one in the eye at the end?

[...]

      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013
          "Is any among us guilty of accusing the Patriots of lacking a pass rush and then condemning the release of Brace, Pryor, Love, and Deaderick?"

          Very insightful. Fans can be fickle, and not see the forest for the trees. BB is not built that way. He sees the fact that average players are not going to take the team where it wants to go.

          fdb