Surgery #5...

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2013
      Well, I guess it's official. Gronk to have back surgery. I think they should put him on PUP, and give him lots of time to heal, and don't push to have him on the field opening day.

      http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-te-rob-gronkowski-needs-back-surgery-202231475.html

      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2013
        It's much too early to recommend putting him on the PUP list, IMO. The doctors won't know enough about his condition until at least a few weeks after the surgery. However, whether it's the PUP list, or just a couple of extra weeks in recovery, I totally concur with your suggestion of maximum caution, Frank. Gronk is still a very young man, with the potential for a record setting career ahead of him. A game, or several games, is not even close to being worth risking that!

        On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:57 AM, frankdanabrewster <frank.dana@...> wrote:

        Well, I guess it's official. Gronk to have back surgery. I think they should put him on PUP, and give him lots of time to heal, and don't push to have him on the field opening day.

        http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-te-rob-gronkowski-needs-back-surgery-202231475.html

        -- George
      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2013
          I'm not a doctor (nor do I play one on TV) so I agree, it's too early to recommend anything, until the procedure is done. But it's not too early for the team to tell him to stop body-slamming his friends. ;o)

          fdb

          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2013
            You got that right, Frank! :-)

            --