Fwd: ESPN.com:Boyce misses second day of camp

    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2013
      This is a little worrisome. A broken foot is likely to take at least several weeks to heal. That would go all the way through mini camps, and into training camp. It's a major challenge for any player to make the jump from NCAA to NFL; and, according to most, even tougher for a WR. Add to that the famous complexity of the Patriots' offense, and it doesn't bode well for the promising Boyce in his rookie season.

        I heard it is a broken pinky toe. He broke it before the combine, but decided to run the 40 anyway... which was clocked at 4.38. I think they are just being cautious. It may slow his progress a little, but I think he'll be fine.

        fdb

        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2013
          Glad to hear that, Frank. I know that fans like me tend to easily fall prey to the off season dreams; but I have a really good feeling about the blend of skills of the 3 top rookie WRs that the team will have in camp this year. They have Dobson's size and hands for the red zone; Boyce's speed and excellent route running; and the highly touted slot ability of UDFA T.J. Moe. It may be nothing more than a dream; but imagine all 3 of them, plus Gronk and Hernandez, setting up the Patriots' receiving corps for pretty much the rest of Brady's career?

          OK. I'll take a pill and calm down now. :-)

          --
          -- George