Re: [patriotzip] Re: UDFA's Backgrounds and more leftovers from draft

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
      Moe is a really good signing and his 3-cone drill time of 6.53 is off the charts.  He is much quicker than fast.  Much like Wes Welker, another un-drafted Free agent, except Moe is much bigger.

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
        So, since we will know virtually nothing until at least the opening of camp; how about a little game of "Roster Speculation"? Based upon nothing more than what we've read, and few video clips, of our rookie additions; and seeing a few games played by our vet FA additions; who wants to guess at what our WR corps will look like on the day of the cut to 53? There are 7 on our current roster; plus 2 FA from last season (Branch and Stallworth); plus the 4 rookies - 2 DPs, 2 FAs). That's a total of 11 possible candidates (if Branch and Stallworth re-sign).

        I'll kick it off by saying that we'll keep at least 6 at that position. They will be:

        Danny Amendola
        Donald Jones
        Julian Edelman
        Matthew Slater
        Aaron Dobson
        Josh Boyce

        Yup, that's only 2 players from our 2012 roster. Quite a turnover.

        I'm thinking that, with so few really talented vet WRs on the roster, both DPs will make the roster. They seem to have good talent, with different skill sets. That's an advantage to both of them, IMO. Dobson will likely compete with Jones at the outside "big receiver" spot. I think that Boyce has a great shot at being the "odd man IN" for the opposite outside "speed guy" spot. Amendola and Edelman are the obvious 1-2 guys for the slot. Slater's outstanding STs play keeps him on the roster again. I'm guessing that they'll choose to go with youth, and cut the aging, average at best, FA Michael Jenkins.

        If they keep 7 WRs, which they may, I'll go with UDFA T.J. Moe, just based upon Mark's research on him. Sounds like he could be one of those "hidden gems" from the ranks of the undrafted.

        C'mon, join in the fun! We have little else to do for the next 2 months but speculate! :-)

        --
        -- George