Re: [patriots] Bob Socci named to replace Gil Santos

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24 12:24 PM
      And here's Socci narrating the 2009 Navy highlight reel
      if you want to get of sense of what he sounds like:

      http://www.youtube.com/v/lAGJk0SO58k

      --
      Rich Carreiro rich@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24 7:17 PM
        Totally objective opinion here, since I won't ever here him on radio. (The radio's audio, and my NFL Game Pass video do not sync properly.)

        I don't like his sound. Voice is too high pitched; and he tends to talk too fast. Hopefully, his work will be more appealing to you folks back there than he is to me.

        if you want to get of sense of what he sounds like:

        http://www.youtube.com/v/lAGJk0SO58k

        On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, Rich Carreiro wrote:

        >According to Reiss:
        >
        >Bob Socci has been named the radio play-by-play announcer for the New
        >England Patriots on 98.5 The Sports Hub, the official flagship radio
        >station of the team. The hiring of Socci, who replaces the legendary Gil
        >Santos, was announced by the station today. He will be paired with analyst
        >Scott Zolak. "Bob has more than 16 years of play-by-play experience," said
        >Mike Thomas, Vice President of Programming for CBS Radio Boston, in a
        >statement. "We were impressed with his extensive work and expertise
        >calling various football and baseball games, and he's a local guy with
        >great knowledge of the Patriots.

        --
        Rich Carreiro rich@...

        --
        -- George
      • Ed Bryant
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 25 9:46 AM
          For me, the over and under was Not Gary Tanguay.  Socci is not Gary Tanguay.

          Now that y'all are raising objections, based on those objections, and aware that Randy at least will often have to depend on Socci, I am hoping for the best and repeating to myself: "he can't be more high-pitched hyper than Meterparel, he can't be ............"