Who in round 1...

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2013
      Assuming we don't trade out, who would we pick at 29? Or do we trade up to get someone special? I think trading up is highly unlikely, considering how little we have to trade.

      If we pick at 29, my guess would be CB or WR. Those aren't our only needs, but we certainly have need in those areas, and there are a lot of linemen available this year on both sides of the ball. I haven't been following college prospects but I have been checking out some highlight videos, FWIW.

      I assume Corderelle Patterson won't drop that far, but he looks like the real deal to me - big, strong, fast, great concentration. Failing to land him, I also liked his team mate Justin Hunter, along with Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins, USC's Robert Woods, and Baylor's Terrance Williams.

      One CB really stood out in the videos - Jamar Taylor of Boise St. Good coverage, nose for the ball, quick, aggressive, a sure tackler who's not afraid of contact (a trait lacking in too many CB's). They are only highlights, but he certainly impressed me more than Trufant and Rhodes. There are others that I didn't see as well, so I'm only commenting on a small sample.

      Anyone else venture a guess?