Draft Contest Entry

  • Levine, David
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
      There are only a few days left before the draft and I only have a few entries for Bama’s contest.  Please get them to me by Thursday at 4 Eastern time.  I need a little time to make sure everything is entered properly so try not to wait until the last minute.  Just so everyone is aware that the contest is on the up and up, here is my entry.  I predict lots of movement in the first round and the Pats trading back to the top of the 2nd.  No they are not going to pick Gino Smith.  I am hoping to hit a late pick and win this thing.

      1    Luke Joeckel, OT
      2    Dion Jordan, OLB
      3    Sharrif Floyd, DT
      4    Lane Johnson, OT
      5    Eric Fisher, OT
      6    Dee Milliner, CB
      7    Barkevious Mingo, OLB
      8    Jarvis Jones, OLB
      9    Ziggy Ansah, DE
      10    Jonathan Cooper, OG
      11   Chance Warmack, OG
      12   Xavier Rhodes, CB
      13   Tyler Eifert, TE
      14   Sheldon Richardson, DT
      15   Star Lotulelei, DT
      16   Tavon Austin, WR
      17   Justin Hunter, WR
      18   Kenny Vaccaro, FS
      19   D.J. Fluker, OT
      20   Cordarrelle Patterson, WR
      21   Alec Ogletree, OLB
      22   Eric Reid, FS
      23   Sylvester Williams, DT
      24   DeAndre Hopkins, WR
      25   Manti Te'o, ILB
      26   Justin Pugh, OT
      27   Keenan Allen, WR
      28   Matt Elam, SS
      29   Desmond Trufant, CB
      30   D.J. Hayden, CB
      31   Jonathan Cyprien, SS
      32   Kevin Minter, ILB
      Pats 2nd   Jamar Taylor, CB

      Dave

      David Levine
      Process Engineer
      Rapid Assay Solutions
      IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
      One IDEXX Drive
      Westbrook, ME 04092
      207-556-8893
      207-632-4097 (cell)
      207-556-8665 (fax)
      david-levine@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
        I haven't done this for a few years, because I really don't follow NCAA football, or the draft stuff any more. But, what the hell. I just stole one from an online source, and I'm submitting it just in the off chance that I'll win and piss of the "full time amateur draftniks" out there. :-)

        1    Luke Joeckel, OT
            2    Eric Fisher, OT
            3    Dee Milliner, CB
        4   Dion Jordan, OLB
            5    Ziggy Ansah, DE
            6    Barkevious Mingo, OLB
            7  Chance Warmack, OG
            8   Ryan Nassib, QB
            9    Jonathan Cooper, OG
        10   Sharrif Floyd, DT
        11   Lane Johnson, OT
        12 Tyler Eifert, TE
        13   Star Lotulelei, DT
        14  Tavon Austin, WR
            15   Kenny Vaccaro, FS
            16   Cordarrelle Patterson, WR
        17   Jarvis Jones, OLB
        18  Sheldon Richardson, DT
        19   Alec Ogletree, OLB
        20   Manti Te'o, ILB
            21  D.J. Fluker, OT
            22   Jonathan Cyprien, SS
        23   Xavier Rhodes, CB
            24  Datone Jones, DT
            25   Keenan Allen, WR
            26   Matt Elam, SS
            27  DeAndre Hopkins, WR
            28 Eddie Lacy, RB
            29   D.J. Hayden, CB
            30   Desmond Trufant, CB
            31 Tank Carradine, DE
            32 Kevin Mintner, ILB

        --
        -- George (Who is still owed a shirt by Bama for my win in this contest many years ago!) :-)
      • Ed Bryant
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
          Dave, would you be so kind as to list the entries some time on Wednesday?  Anyone who has entered would be able to confirm they have, and those who haven't might be reminded to do so.

          Thanks.

          ed

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
            So far, I have entries from Ed, George, Mark Miguel and Steve. I am still waiting on some regulars, including Bama, Al, and Vincent. There were a couple of non-regulars who submitted last year as well that chose to participate which was great. I'd like to see more.

            Remember, all I need is a list of 32 names in the order you think they will be drafted. I don't care about team they go to so there really is no thinking involved. It's just a wild a$$ guess anyway. Give me the next Pats pick as a tiebreaker and you are in. Just think of all the amazing prizes you can win like a trip to Jamaica, a new car and a luxury condo in Aspen*

            Enter now. You have to be in it to win it (or at least in it).

            Dave

            *The draft operator has the option of substituting prizes based on availability. Some restrictions apply.
          • Ed Bryant
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
              Lurkers, please!  Trust me, this doesn't require anything more than a willingness to post your picks.

              It makes following the draft more fun; you get to see who was dumb enough to think a team would draft Heywood-Bey's hands when Crabtree's attitude and broken foot were still available.

              You get to pick Dan Marino ahead of Tony Eason!  And it's free!

              Give Dave the biggest spreadsheet  ever!

              PS: Sio Moore is not offered  in the Patriots Football Weekly list of possible first round picks.  I was forced to substitue D Moore for S Moore.  If I win either one, which I doubt, I want to have disclosed this in advance!

              And here's a riddle: What' the difference between the Patriots Football Weekly Mock Draft Contest and Bama's Annual Mock Draft Contest?  Bama's only one the other one!!!!

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
                Ok, here’s one crazy lurker:

                1.  Luke Joeckel
                2.  Dion Jordan