Re: [patriots] Woodhead was never Jim Thorpe

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
      Some with short memories might want to remember what Woodhead did to the 49ers in that comeback!  BTW, Vereen cannot hold a candle to Woodheads blocking ability and Washington will only play KO and PR, not in the backfield.  He had 4 catches in 8 atempts last year.

      I thought we had Demps for KO returns!

      Would have loved to see Edelman back as WR/PR.

      Washington = overrated
      Woodhead = underrated and underappreciated

      Woodhead played on something like 47% of the plays.

      I never said he was Jim Thorpe ... just a player that gave it his all and produced nearly everytime he was put in a game, no matter when he was was inserted.  He was ready to do his job, and if we had had more guys like him, we would have been winning more Super Bowls.

      Ultimately this move may hurt the Patriots more than letting Welker walk!

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
        Demps is going back to track and the Patriots aren’t happy about it. The rumor is they might release him.

        David Price
        member HWA, NEHW
        http://www.authorwebpage.com/davidprice/
        https://www.facebook.com/davidpriceauthor