Re: As Predicted

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013
      Everyone seems to be talking about the "personal" aspect of this negotiation, and I'm sure that was a factor. BB and WW always seemed at odds over something or other; from feet to franchise tags.

      But I can't help but think that they did not like what they were seeing on the field. I don't mean the 118 catches. That's all good. But they've seen the films and perhaps they were seeing his performance slip - dropped passes, slower out of cuts, not getting the same separation. I'm not saying that I saw any of that, but perhaps they did.

      Maybe this will make us feel a little better. From ProFootballFocus.com. Welker's drop rate, based on catchable balls was 11.28% last year. Amendola's was 3.13%. That and about a buck will get you a cup of coffee... unless you go to Starbucks.

      fdb