Re: [patriotzip] Tebow time?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2013
      I'm not ashamed to say that I agree with you, Frank. I think Tebow would be a superb fit as an "H-Back". I believe he'd be both willing and able to learn to be a very effective blocker on the edge. I know he could be effective catching short passes. And nobody can doubt what he could do moving into the backfield on or before the snap to either take a handoff from Brady for an end run, or even a pitch for one of many pass play options. Then there's the old Kevin Faulk direct snap. What could Tebow do with that.

      The point, as the author suggested, is that there are a significant number of ways in which he could be a significant factor in the Patriots' offense. All he has to do is accept being listed as something other than a QB, and be the outstanding "football player" that he can be. Under those conditions, I'd welcome to our team with open arms.

      As for the "Tebowing" that the media loves to jump on, I've said my piece on that before; but here it is again. It's a matter of personal choice, and he does NOT interfere with the game when he does it. If it did, I'd be bitching louder than anyone about it. The MEDIA causes the disruption by focusing on his personal time AFTER the play is over. It harms neither another individual, nor the game. It shouldn't even be considered an issue.

      IMO, Tim Tebow is a good man, and an extremely talented and motivated football player. How can it be a bad idea to have such a person on your team?

      On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:12 AM, frankdanabrewster <frank.dana@...> wrote:

      --
      -- George