Re: Free agency...

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
      Very thorough, George. I'm not as knowledgeable of the pluses and minuses of some of these guys, but I agree that CB is still a big need. Talib should be a priority, but I don't know if they will be willing to pay him what he wants.

      I think Gregory came along in the second half of the season, and McCourty has certainly found his niche. But beyond that S is a crap shoot, so quality depth is important there as well.

      Receiver may be just as important, considering (a) potential departure of Welker, (b) probable departure of Branch, (c) underwhelming year from Lloyd (not a field stretcher, and never got on the same page with Brady), and (d) dare I say it, Brady's closing window. If Edelman were to leave, we could be left with Lloyd, Slater, and whoever is on the PS!

      Since it's hard to address all areas at once, I looked at the front 7 as being pretty well in hand. Wilfork, Deaderick, Love, Scott, Francis, Ninkovich, and Jones gives us versatility up front. But I do like the idea of Ninko moving back to LB. He can rush from stand-up, and he's reasonably good in coverage.

      Mayo and Spikes are solid, but I hope Hightower develops. He has shown promise, but I thought he disappeared at times. Maybe just learning the system has been a struggle.. Still not sold on Cunningham. He gets you interested for a game or two, then you forget he's even on the team.

      Anyway, a lot of time to go, and I really should learn more about some of the options. Will be interesting...

      fdb