Ciao For Now

  • Scott Sheaffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2013
      Hey Everybody,

      I want to thank the Patriots players and organization for another great season. I remember the team going 1-15. I remember wishing the team could just finish with a winning record or make the playoffs or somehow just matter in the NFL. The team has done that and more here in the Belichick and Brady era. They've been so successful that a 12-4 regular season, a divisional championship, and appearance in a Conference Championship game seem like failures compared to their other accomplishments, most notably three Super Bowl wins. And yet, at one time a season like this would have sent me through the roof with excitement.

      I also want to thank Randy and the rest of the list for providing me with a place to talk about my favorite team, the Patriots, for the past few seasons. It's been great having a place to vent and discuss ideas and thoughts about the team. However, it's become apparent to me that I really need to cut back on my sports fanaticism a bit. When I started liking the Patriots, I was just a child. When I became obsessed with the Patriots, I was a teenager. Now I have three children of my own. Even when I joined the list back in 2008, I only had one kid. I love spending time with them so that leaves less time to read and write about football. Plus there are a lot of other pursuits I want to devote time to. I mean, I'm even thinking about not catching each and every game next season. So for now at least, I'm going to cut back on even my favorite sport, football, and leave the list, at least for the time being. While I may not follow every game and read all the news, I'll still be cheering for the Patriots to win Super Bowl #4. I was hoping to cut back on football at the end of this season following a Patriots Super Bowl win. I guess that's not the way it was meant to be. This is a great list, and I've enjoyed participating in it. Anyway, who knows? Maybe I'll be back one day.

      Scott Sheaffer
      KmacAlp@...
      Phantazine