GRRRRR--we're done-for

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
      Darn it...didn't really see this coming.
      I feel like muttering a few swear words, but I won't....guess I should have rooted for PP and for us to go to Denver.

      Will wear black tomorrow...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
        The problem for our team throughout the first half of the season was a sieve for a secondary. When we traded for Talib, and he got healthy; and Dennard proved that he can play CB, we had a real defense. Today, when Talib went out, we were once again a sieve in the secondary. The game ended when he went out. Add to that the fact that the Ravens really have Brady's number, as far as major production, and you have the whole story.

        The Ravens are a damn good football team. The Patriots still need improvement in that secondary. Specifically, more depth. One more high quality CB, and one more high quality S. That lack of depth cost them the game today.

        --
        -- George
      • Peter Anderson

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 21, 2013
            My thoughts exactly. Talib was the key. He seemed to be handling Boldin quite well early on. After Telib went out, Boldin had a field day. Arrington was no match for him.

            The second key occurred before the game. Not having Gronk made a huge difference. The Ravens not having to pay attention to Gronk, made their life much easier.

            Then there was Welker, dropping yet another pass, right in his hands, ending a promising drive. As productive a warrior as he has been, sometimes I think they know something about him that we don't; like he's losing it.

            Time to turn our attention to free-agency and the draft...

            fdb