Great article on Pats offensive terminology system

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2013
    • Ed Bryant
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
        I found it this time through the espn patriots blog, but wanted to take a moment to agree with you.

        There was a golfer named Bobby Clampett.  One golfer, one coach.   Clampett had 27 separate things to check off his list before he hit the ball.  By Sunday, of course, he couldn't play golf to save himself.  He'd have been better off with Yogi Berra as his coach; Yogi famously said "you can't think and hit at the same time."

        The differences between this system and the other two must now be considered in light of Mr. Hayes, Mr. Galloway, and Mr. Chad Thisspacebovethenumber85for rent.   Each had played in Route Tree systems, and may not have grasped the interrelations in the Erhardt deal.   There's nothing worse than having too many receivers too close together, unless it's when the guy who would have been wide open cuts the wrong way without adequate understanding of what his teammates are doing during those two seconds.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
          Great read, but how do they manage to get pages out of the Patriots play book. I thought playbooks were guarded like Fort Knox.

          fdb